Discussion topic: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Re: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

@gpb156 I've heard nothing since being contacted directly and the problem still persists unfortunately.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Sav7 wrote:

Has anyone managed to resolve this yet by any chance? Mine seems to be getting progressively worse. Happening on apps on the Puck and live TV. Like others, other device and Native TV apps are not affected.

LG G4 + Sonos Arc

Nope.

The last we heard, Sky have said they plan to "improve" lip sync on the next software update. Not exactly a confirmation of a fix, but better than nothing... 

This message was authored by Oyodin This message was authored by: Oyodin

Maybe this is a hardware problem and won't be resolved until the next generation of Sky Puck becomes available. it's strange because all the puck has to do is pass -through the DD+ / Atmos to the TV, soundbar or AVR to decode! If it was a software issue I think Sky would have resolved it by now.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Oyodin wrote:

Maybe this is a hardware problem and won't be resolved until the next generation of Sky Puck becomes available. it's strange because all the puck has to do is pass -through the DD+ / Atmos to the TV, soundbar or AVR to decode! If it was a software issue I think Sky would have resolved it by now.

I think it's to do with their whole server based infrastructure. The added latency it introduces just seems to cause problems they can't solve. 

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

Over the last 2 days I have watched the final two episodes of Formula 1: Drive to Survive on the Netflix app via stream (Dolby Vision/Atmos) and another Dolby Vision/Atmos show and had no audio drop-outs.

I have not changed anything in my setup and I was getting one or two drops per episode. Could be just a coincidence, I will keep testing some more content over the next few days

This message was authored by trickskii This message was authored by: trickskii

I have the same setup (g4 + Sonos Arc) and I'm suffering with audio and occaisonal HDR video dropouts. The issue is unique to the puck as a source.

This message was authored by JamieLinds This message was authored by: JamieLinds

LG 77" G4 and Sonos Arc both bought last month. Same symptoms. Perfect using apps via LG TV. Only occurs via puck. Dropouts increase when streaming UHD.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I'm about to throw another spanner in the works on this one. My puck was previously connected via Ethernet but due to running out of Ethernet ports and having to revert to WiFi for the Puck, I've just noticed that I'm an hour and 15 minutes into Transformers: Rise of The Beasts and I've not had a single dropout. The film is happily streaming UHD HDR and Atmos so is the could the root cause because some thing Ethernet related or is it a Speed issue?? When connected by Ethernet, the puck max'd out it's 100mbps connection but now it's happily connecting at 450mbps over WiFi... It's all very odd... Anyhoo, no audio drop outs 😄

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Update... It just did it after 1hr and 24 minutes 😔 but that's still a personal best 👌🏻

This message was authored by PEJasp This message was authored by: PEJasp

It drops out whatever the network connection for me.

its a puck issue, seems just not to be able to cope with uhd, hdr atmos. Either software fix or better hardware from sky.

FYI

I've been trying out the new Ultra Boost tier on the NOW app which finally offers UHD, HDR and Atmos.
I got a 7 day trial of Sky Cinema so we watched a couple of movies last night using my 4K Firestick and both had perfect lip sync and zero Atmos dropouts. 
It's 100% an issue with the Stream pucks. 

I was wrong. I'm also getting this issue on my Apple TV source.

@trickskii wrote:

I was wrong. I'm also getting this issue on my Apple TV source.

As in an Apple TV 4K box, rather than app? 
Are you using certified HDMI 2.1 cables on all parts of the chain? Box > TV > Soundbar? Mixing cables of different speeds/specs can disrupt the signal, especially high bandwidth signals. 
The same is true for any device, be it a Stream puck, 4K BluRay player, Android TV box, FireTV Cube, etc. Any device being used in a chain involving a TV & soundbar or AVR that needs to pass HDR & Atmos should be hooked up with same spec HDMI cables. 

Apple TV 4K box, yes. Same issues as with the sky stream puck. So seems more likely my issues are with my new tv or soundbar. 

Hdmi cables are all certified 2.1 cables by QED. 

This message was authored by Bright6 This message was authored by: Bright6

I've just had Sky Stream a few days and like others, and when watching lazarus project in Atmos I keep on getting audio dropouts every 15-30 minutes for around 5 seconds. Samsung 90b tv , Denon amp set to passthrough. I've had about 5 other devices/PCs connected to this setup and not once had a problem before getting Sky Stream

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion