Discussion topic: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

I've started noticing dropouts on Dolby Atmos using my puck too. Between this and the random lip sync problems, I'm becoming a bit frustrated with Sky Stream. It's spoiling House of the Dragon for me!

This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

@Mister_Dalek  Re lip sync issue, have you  made sure your audio is set to pass through?

On your puck, go down to:

Settings

Picture and sound

Sound

Digital audio output HDMI

And select Passthrough

If you're using a soundbar, go to sound settings on your TV

Find the digital sound output setting and change this to Passthrough

This worked for me so 🤞

This message was authored by SimonBell This message was authored by: SimonBell

I am using passthrough. There is obviously an issue here as many people are having it.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@FFU01 wrote:

@Mister_Dalek  Re lip sync issue, have you  made sure your audio is set to pass through?

On your puck, go down to:

Settings

Picture and sound

Sound

Digital audio output HDMI

And select Passthrough

If you're using a soundbar, go to sound settings on your TV

Find the digital sound output setting and change this to Passthrough

This worked for me so 🤞

I've tried all that. In fact I think I've now tried every permutation of Auto/Passthrough/DD/PCM etc. on both the puck and my TV.

I've also tried connecting the puck straight to my soundbar rather than using eARC but it's the same.

Passthrough works for a while then lip sync drifts again if you switch between apps. It's very annoying. 

I have too, it's unwatchable, but only using Netflix app

I just tried something, I tried using the Netflix app in my TV (Hisense), and I was able to watch the Dolby Vision/ Atmos content with NO dropouts. This proved that the problem is with the Sky puck.

This message was authored by Rewster This message was authored by: Rewster

Hey all, 

Glad it wasn't just me ! I only seem to get drops in sound on dolby atmos content, House of Dragons S2 was particulary annoying.... 

Samsung S95 TV + Samsung Q800b Sound bar

I have tried connecting direct to the sound bar and through e-arc.  Same issues 

It would be so nice if we could get the Sky Stream App on another platform such as Apple TV , as that box handles anything you throw at it..... 

Fingers crossed for a firmware fix, or a more powerful stream box coming out soon....

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@Rewster I suspect the issue would still be there because I think it's a software issue rather than a hardware one. 

This message was authored by Rewster This message was authored by: Rewster

let's hope so !🤞 

To add to my previous post where I said I used mt TV's own Netflix app and had no problems.  Since doing that I have gone back to Netflix through the Sky puck, and have had no more incidence of drop out. I can't explain it, but it is so.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

It's better than it was but if I'm watching something with Atmos from Netflix, Prime , Apple etc I'll use the native apps on my tv 

This message was authored by Oyodin This message was authored by: Oyodin

I get audio dropout on occasion even on DD+ as well as atmos. 

My puck is connected to a Denon X3800H AVR

This message was authored by clayts This message was authored by: clayts

Glad it's not just me

Puck to LG C3 for video, LG C3 to Marantz SR7009 AVR via ARC for audio (I have to do it this way as the SR7009 is not HDCP 2.2 compliant)

The issue is most prevelant on Ultra HD/Dolby Atmos broadcasts - eg Test Match, and particularly during advert breaks. Often the sound cuts out completely when returning from a break (sometimes with a video stutter too), ie when going from Dolby 2.0 back to Atmos, but if the sound does stay there are drop outs either side of the commercials

Puck set to Passthrough

This message was authored by Sav7 This message was authored by: Sav7

Has anyone managed to resolve this yet by any chance? Mine seems to be getting progressively worse. Happening on apps on the Puck and live TV. Like others, other device and Native TV apps are not affected.

LG G4 + Sonos Arc

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

Still an on going issue, I did some testing, took my sound bar out the equation, and used the TV's building in atmos sound system and it still drops out now and then

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion