Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Discovery plus error 400

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TC171  Prior to the fix going in Today, any resets would never have worked as the issues would not have been resolved.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Cleveleysbob This message was authored by: Cleveleysbob

@TC171 

Agreed, I don't really want either as I already did this a few weeks ago to sort out another Discovery+ issue. 
That did work though.

I'm hoping I'll get straight onto it when I try.

I'll let you know.

This message was authored by Blue106 This message was authored by: Blue106

It's worked for me BUT I now can't control the volume on my LG tv or Sonos Beam. I've tried the setup controller to control the tv and sound bar options but still does not work. 

This message was authored by TC171 This message was authored by: TC171

This is a concern for me as well since I run the Sonos Beam + Sub from the puck in my main lounge. Will be interested to hear if you get it back online.

Thanks for sharing

This message was authored by TC171 This message was authored by: TC171

@GD1 I didn't realize a fix had gone in underlying the factory reset. That's the clarity I was looking for from Sky. Thanks for that additional insight.

Neither Sky nor Disc+ have covered themselves in glory here. I'd like to understand enough detail to become confident that an inconvenient factory reset process (x4 in my household) is going to resolve the issue. It worries me Sky don't provide this reassurance.

This message was authored by AndreaMarie This message was authored by: AndreaMarie

I'm really hoping I don't have to do a factory reset and can just go straight in, I know it's silly but these things make me very nervous. 

This message was authored by Usk This message was authored by: Usk

Worked for me. Took a while for the system to restart following the factory reset, but everything seems to be working fine.

This message was authored by Cleveleysbob This message was authored by: Cleveleysbob

@TC171 

As promised, checked, didn't work needed to do factory reset, all done, everything works but it's a pain in the proverbial having to go back through this every time (removed)!

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by Blue106 This message was authored by: Blue106

It worked but had to do it 3 times as the I could not control the sound on tv and sound bar. When setting the controller up I had to only set it to control tv sound, NOT sound bar as well.

This message was authored by Mockenrue This message was authored by: Mockenrue

Same here. All working properly now after factory reset and signing back in to everything. Let's hope it stays that way.

1morgs
Topic Author
This message was authored by 1morgs This message was authored by: 1morgs

Not happy about having to sign in to every app again. With the reset this has taken me another hour and still not finished. What a faff!!!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@1morgs  It was a question of whether you want Discovery + or to sign back into your Apps but at least it is working again.

It's probably too late now but you could just sign into the important ones and leave the others until you actually want to use them 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by davidburr This message was authored by: davidburr

Re: Discovery +

I had a problem with getting into my sky account and sky shop ect on my sky streem box just after Christmas but apps 

like BBC and Netflix worked ok . I spoke to a lovely young lady in the sky TV help team and she told me to turn off the TV box and the router at the mains for a minute then plug them back in and haven't had a problem since.  give it a try and see how you get on its worth a try as it seems to solve most issues.  Best of luck 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I've just checked on my Sky Stream and the discovery + app is working and i DID NOT have to do a reset. It had logged me out the app, so had to login but in, but that was all i had to do.

I would advise people to check the app is working first before performing the reset as its certainly going to be a lot easier just having to re-login to Discovery + App, rather than resetting and having to log back in to everything again if you can avoid it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith 

Good advice, it's exactly what I did, unfortunately it didn't work for me, so reset was only answer.

Everything working fine now. Be nice if it lasts a while. 😂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion