Discussion topic: Discovery + error 404

This message was authored by Daz7 This message was authored by: Daz7

Discovery + error 404

Hi

Since Friday January 12th 2024 Discovery + on Sky Stream is not working. It keeps coming up with ' You are not connected to the Internet- Please reconnect and try again' Error 404. But I am connected, all other apps work. So I phoned Sky and the women told me that Sky and Discovery are in talks and there should be an update coming, but she couldn't tell me when. So it looks like it's a waiting game. That's not good enough. 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Discovery + error 404

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daz7 wrote:

Hi

Since Friday January 12th 2024 Discovery + on Sky Stream is not working. It keeps coming up with ' You are not connected to the Internet- Please reconnect and try again' Error 404. But I am connected, all other apps work. So I phoned Sky and the women told me that Sky and Discovery are in talks and there should be an update coming, but she couldn't tell me when. So it looks like it's a waiting game. That's not good enough. 

Well whether its considered good enough or not, this unfortunately is very common when an issue occurs with a service provider ( in this case Sky) that requires assistance from a third party ( Discovery +) to resolve it.

Its very common with broadband providers who typically have to rely on Openreach to resolve issues.

The realistic expectation is that these types of issues can easily take 2-3 days to resolve.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion