Discussion topic: Changing from Sky + to Sky stream

This message was authored by etonmess This message was authored by: etonmess

Changing from Sky + to Sky stream

Hi 

I want to change from Sky+HD to Sky stream. I have 2 boxes that feed 2 separate TV's each on them. I cannot see any account to subscribe to as it only gives me Sky glass. Has anyone ant ideas. Have phoned but cannot get the operators to understand what I want.

Best Answers
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234 Answer

Re: Changing from Sky + to Sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@etonmessGo to "Sky.com" and use the TV drop down at the top and then "stream" is an option.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@etonmess  Unfortunately you need to call Sky to go from Sky +HD/Sky Q to stream, before you do that you need to be aware that stream is broadband only and needs a good speed for each puck, around 25 mbps for the 1st puck and 10mbps for the second puck.

You also need to be aware stream is a different system from Sky + and that it doesn't record to a hard drive.  Some channels are missing from stream see this list to ensure the channel you watch are on there https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@etonmess wrote:

Hi 

I want to change from Sky+HD to Sky stream. I have 2 boxes that feed 2 separate TV's each on them. I cannot see any account to subscribe to as it only gives me Sky glass. Has anyone ant ideas. Have phoned but cannot get the operators to understand what I want.

You can't use your existing coax/magic eye (I assume) setup to directly distribute picture and sound from a Stream box to two different TVs. Sky Stream boxes have no RF output. The simplest solution would be to rent a separate Sky Stream box for each of the 4 TVs. To subscribe you would need to call. 

Do be sure to understand the bandwidth requirements as @GD1 posted and the differences between Sky Stream and Sky+.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234 Answer

@etonmessGo to "Sky.com" and use the TV drop down at the top and then "stream" is an option.

This message was authored by Rouffian This message was authored by: Rouffian

@bob1234This isn't helpful, as what will happen is that you will either not see Stream if you log in immediately, or when you do the option will be removed and you are offered Glass instead.
I have a similar issue and my guess is that I will need to buy Stream with another email address, and then cancel my existing contract, then change my new 'fake' email address back to my main one.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Rouffian wrote:

@bob1234This isn't helpful, as what will happen is that you will either not see Stream if you log in immediately, or when you do the option will be removed and you are offered Glass instead.
I have a similar issue and my guess is that I will need to buy Stream with another email address, and then cancel my existing contract, then change my new 'fake' email address back to my main one.

@Rouffian you need to ring Sky why do you feel the need to use a fake email address you need a registered home address for the Stream to be delivered too.

Plus you are still in contract so again you need to ring Sky.

Thanks, @best+of+the+best .

I guess ring Sky then.

I don't suppose anyone knows the number? I can't find it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion