Discussion topic: Cannot get the Sky remote to even start

This message was authored by MJK4331 This message was authored by: MJK4331

Cannot get the Sky remote to even start

Oh ! I have failed at the first hurdle. 

I was pleased to receive three Puck boxes (whole home) and was looking forward to getting started. 

The remotes come with a battery protector which I was meant to pull out to activate the remote. But those protectors were made of flimsy paper (never seen that on a product before, they are usually some sort of plastic). And on all three remotes, the paper just tore so some is left inside the remote still "protecting" the battery. 

I should be able to slide the remote open, as though I were going to replace a dead battery, and so remove the rest of the paper. Is there a knack to sliding it open - neither of us here can manage it ?

Thank you !!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Cannot get the Sky remote to even start

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MJK4331  The pull out protector breaking is a fairly common occurrence so you are not alone. Removing the back of the remote can be a problem the first few times as it can be very stiff.  

I find holding the remote at both ends with the buttons down and my thumbs on top and then applying pressure and pushing with one thumb and pulling with the other in the direction of the arrow is sufficient to remove the cover.   A number of people have found that wearing rubber kitchen gloves helps to give more purchase on the plastic components. Note the back only moves a few millimetres and can then be lifted off.

The following link also has a suggested way of removing the back of the remote

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass 

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MJK4331  The pull out protector breaking is a fairly common occurrence so you are not alone. Removing the back of the remote can be a problem the first few times as it can be very stiff.  

I find holding the remote at both ends with the buttons down and my thumbs on top and then applying pressure and pushing with one thumb and pulling with the other in the direction of the arrow is sufficient to remove the cover.   A number of people have found that wearing rubber kitchen gloves helps to give more purchase on the plastic components. Note the back only moves a few millimetres and can then be lifted off.

The following link also has a suggested way of removing the back of the remote

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass 

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
MJK4331
Topic Author
This message was authored by MJK4331 This message was authored by: MJK4331

Thank you !

The gloves combined with your method has done the trick (with a bit of grunting !)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion