Discussion topic: Apps Juddering

This message was authored by Craigm86 This message was authored by: Craigm86

Apps Juddering

After nearly a week of Sky Stream the frustrations don't seem to be ending any time soon.

I am using Apps on my Samsung TV and seeing constant juddering. I have a stable 400mbps connection over wifi. I have turned Judder Reduction on to no avail. I have switched between 1080p and 1080i to no avail. 

Does anyone have any ideas? I have read multiple threads but there doesn't seem to be an answer

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Apps Juddering

@Craigm86 wrote:

After nearly a week of Sky Stream the frustrations don't seem to be ending any time soon.

I am using Apps on my Samsung TV and seeing constant juddering. I have a stable 400mbps connection over wifi. I have turned Judder Reduction on to no avail. I have switched between 1080p and 1080i to no avail. 

Does anyone have any ideas? I have read multiple threads but there doesn't seem to be an answer

Do you mean Apps on the Puck?

Exiled in HH
Craigm86
Topic Author

Sorry yes, apps on the puck, which is connected to my Samsung TV

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Craigm86 wrote:

Sorry yes, apps on the puck, which is connected to my Samsung TV

Is all motion processing turned off on your TV? 
Judder reduction on the puck switches the output to 60hz from 50hz. This helps lessen judder from 24fps content being output at 50hz. 

Craigm86
Topic Author

It is yes. I've turned judder reduction on on the Sky puck and the TV itself. Interestingly it doesn't do it on the TV that's connected with ethranet cable, just on the wifi connected one despite perfectly good speed.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

It's probable that you need to change the settings on the HDMI port that the Puck is connected to as the various HDMI ports on TV's now days have various settings to tinker with. 

Also, the apps on the TV will most likely allow a variable frame rate to match what the streaming platform is pushing out. So films could be streamed at 24hz from the streaming service which your TV app will use but the Puck app sends everything at 50hz

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion