Discussion topic: Can you delete individual episodes from Sky Stream playlist?

This message was authored by GuzzleGuts This message was authored by: GuzzleGuts

Can you delete individual episodes from Sky Stream playlist?

New Sky Stream user and enjoying it very much, is there a way to delete individual episodes for a series that you have already watched from a playlist? I can only see delete series not individual episodes?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

Re: Can you delete individual episodes from Sky Stream playlist?

The idea is the Playlist is a complete library of content.

The Continue  Watch rail is where you look for the latest content and episodes, when watched the content removes from this rail. That said it doesn't work 100% but should once Sky get the software together.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

No you can't the playlist is the library of all content relating to a series etc.

GuzzleGuts
Topic Author
This message was authored by GuzzleGuts This message was authored by: GuzzleGuts

That's a shame, my wife has added soaps to her playlist and the entries are numerous clutting up the playlist.

I would be a nice feature if you could delete or hide watched episodes

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

The idea is the Playlist is a complete library of content.

The Continue  Watch rail is where you look for the latest content and episodes, when watched the content removes from this rail. That said it doesn't work 100% but should once Sky get the software together.

GuzzleGuts
Topic Author

Ah OK, I'll have a look

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@GuzzleGuts 

Yes check it out, although they are independent parts of the system they do work in tandem. When it works it's a very neat feature but wow it can be frustrating too.

Soooo many threads on this subject. Sky have been looking at a fix for Continue Watching since September 2022 so 🤔

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GuzzleGuts wrote:

That's a shame, my wife has added soaps to her playlist and the entries are numerous clutting up the playlist.

I would be a nice feature if you could delete or hide watched episodes

@GuzzleGuts There should be a blue progress bar at the bottom of watched episodes but unfortunately the implementation is appalling.  The bars will initially appear but when you go back to a series a few days latger they have simply disappeard so you don't know where to continue watching the series. This to me is one of the biggest problems that Sky need to resolve but don't hold your breath. 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Marjory1 This message was authored by: Marjory1

When first added to Playlist, only upcoming episodes are shown, but then they stay there for as long as you keep the Playlist, which is a pain if it's a huge series (eg MLB!). If you remove the item and add it again you'll lose old episodes you may not yet have watched. I therefore wanted a way of showing recent and upcoming episodes but not ones many weeks old.

So I used the facility to set up new Playlist identities, creating two icons dedicated to the MLB. Each week amd alternating between the icons, I will remove the series and add it again. On one I'll have the series starting from last week, and on the other the same thing starting from this week. Next week I'll 'renew' the older of those. 

I think that's the only way on Sky Glass that you can keep a few previously episodes. Otherwise it's all or nothing.

This message was authored by Marjory1 This message was authored by: Marjory1

Correction to my own post. I'm afraid the second icon is adding the previous episodes I'd been trying to avoid. So ignore my earlier suggestion, sorry! Either Sky needs to sort this, or channels need to divide very long series into several shorter ones.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion