Discussion topic: Can you add to your playlist a program or series still to be recorded?

This message was authored by Litz2509 This message was authored by: Litz2509

Can you add to your playlist a program or series still to be recorded?

Can you add to your playlist a program still to be recorded so that in the future I could go back and watch them i.e. Using the Play List basically as if it was a vertual harddrive? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Can you add to your playlist a program or series still to be recorded?

@Litz2509 wrote:

Can you add to your playlist a program still to be recorded so that in the future I could go back and watch them i.e. Using the Play List basically as if it was a vertual harddrive? 

Sort of. 

With Sky Stream you don't have a virual hard drive in the cloud - anything you add to a playlist is merely a bookmark which will allow you to stream a show after it has been broadcast. 

Depending on the channel, the show you have playlisted will most likely play back from a third party app such as iPlayer, ITVX, Channel 4, or My5, rather than from a cloud recording. Such cloud recordings are usually only for Sky content and for channels which do not have their own streaming app. 

Be aware though that not everything you add to your playlist will be available to view later. It depends on whether the original broadcaster holds the streaming rights as well as the broadcast rights to that programme. Also, movies broadcast on a channel may only play back later via a different subscription service, if that service holds the streaming rights.  

It's best not to think of the playlist as a hard drive. You can't delete specific episodes from it - you can only remove the playlist bookmark for that specific series.  

This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

Re: Can you add to your playlist a program or series still to be recorded?

@Litz2509   For the non streaming programs like ITV or BBC 1,2,etc and similar you can go to the 'TV guide' chose the channel you want and for that day scroll along until later in the day find your program and press the + sign and add it to your Playlist.  If it is for a future date once chosen the channel it's on hold the large black circle (on the remote) at the 3'oclock position for a second or so and other days of the week will appear so chose the day the program is due to start.  Alternatively and this applys to streaming services as well, use the voice button find you program and again press the + button and add to your playlist

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion