Discussion topic: Can't sign in to Prime on new Sky Stream

This message was authored by Tousy This message was authored by: Tousy

Can't sign in to Prime on new Sky Stream

Trying to sign in to watch Prime with my new Sky Stream, I've had Prime for years now.

I get 2 options to sign in:

Scan a QR code which signs me into Prime and asks if I want to allow a new device access, I click Allow

The TV says that when connected the page will automatically update but neither way works 

Any Ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Can't sign in to Prime on new Sky Stream

@Tousy wrote:

Trying to sign in to watch Prime with my new Sky Stream, I've had Prime for years now.

Scan a QR code which signs me into Prime and asks if I want to allow a new device access, I click Allow

The TV says that when connected the page will automatically update but neither way works 

Any Ideas?

Try giving the puck a full reboot by turning it off at the wall for a minute then back on. Try logging in to Prime again but do it slowly and be patient - don't press any buttons on the remote. The Stream pucks are pretty slow to respond to many things as everything has to come back down from Sky's servers so give it a minute or two and it might catch up with itself.  

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Can't sign in to Prime on new Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@Tousy wrote:

Any Ideas?

Try giving the puck a full reboot by turning it off at the wall for a minute then back on. Try logging in to Prime again but do it slowly and be patient - don't press any buttons on the remote. The Stream pucks are pretty slow to respond to many things as everything has to come back down from Sky's servers so give it a minute or two and it might catch up with itself.  

Nothing to do with Sky Stream being slow logging into most of the other apps was quite straightforward for me with the exception of Prime took a few attempts but got there in the end

The quickest way I found was via the Amazon Shopping App installed on a mobile device

1. Make sure you have the code generated from the Prime app displayed on your tv

2. Open the Amazon app and sign in if not already.

3. When the Amazon app has opened scroll right and select Video

4. Select profile picture top right.

5. Select Account and Settings

6. On this page scroll right to Your Devices

You should see a list of your registered devices like this

20230706_163041.jpg

If Sky Stream is registered deregister it and refresh the page before doing the next step

7. The code on your tv screen which is in upper case needs to be entered here

Screenshot_20230706-163346_Amazon Shopping.jpg

 8. Select Register New Device but make sure you enter in lowercase as the app automatically selects uppercase when you type them in.

9. Should take a few seconds for your tv screen to refresh and you should hopefully be logged into prime.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion