Discussion topic: Can't get 5.1 audio from Sky Stream

This message was authored by kdp99 This message was authored by: kdp99

Can't get 5.1 audio from Sky Stream

I have recently moved from Sky+HD to Sky stream, its a straight swap and nothing else has changed in the system so I know any problem is with the Puck not elsewhere in my system.

With Sky+HD is was able to get 5.1 sound (when broadcast), and with puck I can't.

I have checked this with things I know are in 5.1 (BBC1 Dr. Who and Football), I can listed to these direct from the TV connection to the AV receiver and get 5.1, but when I listen to the puck signal its just in 2.0.

I have the audio output set to pass through on the puck. I have played with this setting and if I set it to Dolby Digital, it sends a 5.1 signal, but my ears tell me its just 2.0 with nothing in the other 3.1 channels.

All my research suggests pass through is the correct setting. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

k

All Replies

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

Re: Can't get 5.1 audio from Sky Stream

@kdp99 wrote:

I have recently moved from Sky+HD to Sky stream, its a straight swap and nothing else has changed in the system so I know any problem is with the Puck not elsewhere in my system.

With Sky+HD is was able to get 5.1 sound (when broadcast), and with puck I can't.

I have checked this with things I know are in 5.1 (BBC1 Dr. Who and Football), I can listed to these direct from the TV connection to the AV receiver and get 5.1, but when I listen to the puck signal its just in 2.0.

I have the audio output set to pass through on the puck. I have played with this setting and if I set it to Dolby Digital, it sends a 5.1 signal, but my ears tell me its just 2.0 with nothing in the other 3.1 channels.

All my research suggests pass through is the correct setting. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Have you tried rebooting the puck? I've had the odd occasion where Star Trek (original series) on Oaramount+ is supposed to be playing in 5.1 but only the front left and front right channels were coming through, which my AV receiver then tried to decode with Pro Logic/'new' Dolby Surround. A Reboot has sorted it when it happened.

Settings > System management > Resets & updates > Restart device.

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
kdp99
Topic Author

Thanks for the idea but no joy. Also tried pulling the main plug out as well with out sucess.

I do not have UHD or atmos,. its not a case of needing that to get regular 5.1 is it ?

k
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@kdp99 wrote:

Thanks for the idea but no joy. Also tried pulling the main plug out as well with out sucess.

I do not have UHD or atmos,. its not a case of needing that to get regular 5.1 is it ?

You will only get 5.1 audio from the live channel streams from the EPG, not from the on demand iPlayer streams. 

kdp99
Topic Author

Yup tested that with Dr Who on BBC, I get 5.1 from TV, only 2.0 from live channel 101 on sky stream. I used to get it from Sky+HD with the same set up.

k

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion