Discussion topic: Can’t fast forward on sky stream

This message was authored by Dan+Bate This message was authored by: Dan+Bate

Can’t fast forward on sky stream

Hi

When I try to fast forward tv programs within the advert breaks the program bumps me back to nearest adverts which I have to watch through. This seems to happen most on F1 programs. 

very annoying. Does anyone have a fix for the problem. 

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Can’t fast forward on sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dan+Bate Try a reboot of the system by switching it off at the plug socket for 30 seconds and then turning it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

As a temporary measure try using voice commands (forward 2 minutes / back 30 seconds etc).  I find they work better for FF/RW on UHD broadcasts.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by rsc01 This message was authored by: rsc01

I've tried that but this stream system doesn't allow it!!

forced to go through the 30 secs or so of the adverts, then when I try to fast forward to a point (before the next adverts) it throws you right back to the beginning of the previous adverts. 
it's immensely annoying!!

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Dan+Bate @rsc01 

Assuming you have the ad-skipping pack as part of your Sky Stream subscription? You can't fast forward ads without it. 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Dan+Bate 

Do you have the Ad Skipping add-on?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ad-skipping-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

No, I don't have Ad Skipping. You have to wait until 30 secs into the Ad before it will let you skip. Even if I wait for the ads to finish, when I fast forward the actual programme, it puts me back to the beginning of the ads

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@rsc01 wrote:

No, I don't have Ad Skipping. You have to wait until 30 secs into the Ad before it will let you skip. Even if I wait for the ads to finish, when I fast forward the actual programme, it puts me back to the beginning of the ads

You need to have the ad-skipping pack in order to fast forward ads.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ad-skipping-sky-glass 

Check your MySky app - there's usually an offer in there for a couple of months free (which can be repeated). 

Ok. But as I said in my last post - Even if I wait for the ads to finish, when I fast forward the actual programme, it puts me back to the beginning of the ads

@rsc01 wrote:

Ok. But as I said in my last post - Even if I wait for the ads to finish, when I fast forward the actual programme, it puts me back to the beginning of the ads

Commercial TV networks basically want anyone not paying extra for ad-free/ad-skipping to have to watch a certain amount of advertising within the overall duration of the programme you are watching. It may be that the show you're watching is detecting your fast forwarding and wants to force you to watch some more ads before it'll let you watch the bit you're trying to fast forward to. They're basically forcing the maximum amount of advertising possible upon you. 

It's painful, I know. Try the free ad-skipping option if you have it - it'll take some of the pain away at least. 

Ok. But as I said in my previous 2 posts. Even AFTER I have watched the ads or waited for the ads to finish - when I then try to fast forward, it puts me right back to the beginning of the ads

@rsc01 wrote:

Ok. But as I said in my previous 2 posts. Even AFTER I have watched the ads or waited for the ads to finish - when I then try to fast forward, it puts me right back to the beginning of the ads

Ah, OK. I've no idea what to suggest then I'm afraid. Even with ad-skipping I was never able to get a smooth fast forwarding experience on Sky Stream and got rid of it in the end. 

Sorry not to be much help. 

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@rsc01 wrote:

@rsc01 - did you find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Steve93 This message was authored by: Steve93

I've got add skipping, works fine, just press the right of the big round button on the remote to FFW  & left of the round button to RW,  it works a treat, strange mine is fine but yours aren't, wonder if it could be your broadband speed, I'm on Virgin 1gig but I know the pucks limit is 100mbps

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Steve93 wrote:

I've got add skipping, works fine, just press the right of the big round button on the remote to FFW  & left of the round button to RW,  it works a treat, strange mine is fine but yours aren't, wonder if it could be your broadband speed, I'm on Virgin 1gig but I know the pucks limit is 100mbps

No ad  skipping. No issue with internet speed, pucks might be 100mbps but they are also WiFi 6 which isn't limited by the 10/100 port. Makes no difference if I'm using WiFi 6 or Ethernet connect, the issue described in the original post still happens. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Steve93 This message was authored by: Steve93

I've got Add skip free until Aug, I'll cancel & give it a try to see how it performs & let you know

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion