Discussion topic: Can I give my dad a sky stream box ?

This message was authored by Matthill85 This message was authored by: Matthill85

Can I give my dad a sky stream box ?

Can I give my dad a sky stream box if I pay for another one on subscription and give him in it and he lives in another house ? I am hoping it's not in the terms and conditions ( I can't be bothered to read them).

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Can I give my dad a sky stream box ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matthill85 wrote:

Can I give my dad a sky stream box if I pay for another one on subscription and give him in it and he lives in another house ?

No.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Matthill85 Unfortunately this would be a breach of the T&Cs.

Below is just 1 section of Stream T&Cs which covers your question:

4.16. If you or any other person uses any of the TV services or your account anywhere other than your address, you will be in breach of this contract. As such, we may either suspend your TV services or charge you an Additional Location Charge for use at that other address based on the price of your subscription at your address. We will notify you before taking any action or applying that additional charge to your account.

I know you don't want to read them but for completeness the following is a link to the full T&Cs

Streaming TV subscription contracts

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Matthill85
Topic Author
This message was authored by Matthill85 This message was authored by: Matthill85

So you can be charged a location charge to allow this ?

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Matthill85 

You will be charged a location charge or your account will be suspended or both 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Matthill85 wrote:

So you can be charged a location charge to allow this ?

Or your Dad could go via this route and no location charge incurred that charge is added each month until you comply so the choice is yours Sky do make this quite easy if you take the time to look.

Screenshot_20230530-064704_Chrome.jpg

This way if your Dad doesn't like it he can return the equipment or if he decides to keep it I'm sure you'll cover the subscription costs 🤔

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

@Matthill85  Are you on a rolling contract or an 18 month one ?

This message was authored by LGSuperUser This message was authored by: LGSuperUser

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Matthill85 

You will be charged a location charge or your account will be suspended or both 

Not both, (just according to the snippet from the below, I've not read the full list of terms) - unless you have seen it somewhere else that it show's it's both? In which case those ought to be updated to the same.

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Matthill85 Unfortunately this would be a breach of the T&Cs.

Below is just 1 section of Stream T&Cs which covers your question:

4.16. If you or any other person uses any of the TV services or your account anywhere other than your address, you will be in breach of this contract. As such, we may either suspend your TV services or charge you an Additional Location Charge for use at that other address based on the price of your subscription at your address. We will notify you before taking any action or applying that additional charge to your account.

I know you don't want to read them but for completeness the following is a link to the full T&Cs

Streaming TV subscription contracts

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@LGSuperUser 

"or both" is referring to continual use I.e. 2 consecutive months 

I won't re paste the t&c s - just refer to above 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Matthill85 wrote:

Can I give my dad a sky stream box if I pay for another one on subscription and give him in it and he lives in another house ?

No.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@techman9 wrote:

@Matthill85  Are you on a rolling contract or an 18 month one ?

It's still no @techman9 regardless of contract

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Matthill85 wrote:

Can I give my dad a sky stream box if I pay for another one on subscription and give him in it and he lives in another house ? I am hoping it's not in the terms and conditions ( I can't be bothered to read them).

Regardless of the T&Cs which are important, I don't know if there would be technical issues, there is some sort of link between boxes (probably at the server end) as the play lists are common to all boxes. I don't know if this also means that they need to be connected to the same Internet connection.

All the above is a guess as I don't know and I am not sure anyone knows how stream boxes work.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Matthill85  The best option is to take out a full stream subscription at your Dad's address (with their own stream box), you can use your bank details to pay for the subscriptions.  This will stop any issues arising from sharing stream boxes.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion