Discussion topic: CEC HDMI control - puck won’t let surround sound stay switched off

This message was authored by AshbyDS This message was authored by: AshbyDS

CEC HDMI control - puck won’t let surround sound stay switched off

Has anyone else had any joy with a CEC blocker ?  I've just plugged SKY stream in tonight to find to this blasted SKY Puck keeps waking a Philips Hue bridge backlight HDMI box connected to a Yamaha Surround sound up after you turn off the surround sound. .... even with the SKY HDMI control to off and the SKY puck off first. 
 I can't turn off the Yamaha system as it just keeps getting prompted to turn back on and has never done this before. 

Route caused it to the sky puck as the moment that's unplugged the issue stops. 

I've ordered a CEC blocker for a tenner off Amazon. If that doesn't completely stop the issues I'm pulling out during my cooling off period.  Any feedback appreciated 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Danski This message was authored by: Danski Answer

Re: CEC HDMI control - puck won’t let surround sound stay switched off

Argh I've just found out they still haven't fixed this issue after what ... 2 years? Sky really need to pull the finger out

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@AshbyDS 

A CEC blocker worked for me. My puck caused havoc with every other device connected to my AVR until I added the blocker. Sadly it didn't affect the poor functionality of the puck & service so I cancelled Stream completely in the end. 

This message was authored by Danski This message was authored by: Danski Answer

Argh I've just found out they still haven't fixed this issue after what ... 2 years? Sky really need to pull the finger out

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion