Discussion topic: BBC programes not available on demand

This message was authored by Ulto This message was authored by: Ulto

BBC programes not available on demand

I am using Sky Stream in Ireland and it seems the playback/on demand feature for BBC is very limited. Many programs do not appear on demand after the programme has aired.

Match of the Day and Strickly Come Dancing are 2 examples I can think of. The latter used to be available last year, but this year it seems not.

Is someone going to tell me this is not a Sky issue and it's the BBC at fault? Not really much of an excuse when one can get a FTA box and have that content for free, while Sky Stream is a paid service..

Best Answers
This message was authored by r0cketscience This message was authored by: r0cketscience Answer

Re: BBC programes not available on demand

It kinda does.

Sky customers in the UK get their BBC on-demand through the iPlayer app, and not the Sky interface. Just the same as you.

Limiting on-demand access through BBC iPlayer and not the Sky interface is a decision taken by the BBC. Sky can't do anything about that.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

The BBC is a UK FTA service ... the full service including iPlayer requires payment of a UK TV licence😉

Exiled in HH
Ulto
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ulto This message was authored by: Ulto

That doesnt answer my question. I am paying Sky for the service not the BBC

This message was authored by r0cketscience This message was authored by: r0cketscience Answer

It kinda does.

Sky customers in the UK get their BBC on-demand through the iPlayer app, and not the Sky interface. Just the same as you.

Limiting on-demand access through BBC iPlayer and not the Sky interface is a decision taken by the BBC. Sky can't do anything about that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion