Discussion topic: Amazon Fire TV Omni

This message was authored by TonyBear1963 This message was authored by: TonyBear1963

Amazon Fire TV Omni

I've just taken delivery of an Amazon Fire Omni QLED TV which so far seems to be very impressive, however I've not been able to configure the Stream remote control to adjust the TV volume. As the range is still relatively new to the market I've not been able to find much information about it other than the manufacturer seems to be a company called Foxcon or something similar.

I was wondering if anyone else had purchased one of the Amazon TV range and managed to get this setup, if so how was it done?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream & Whole Home (2 pucks), 55 inch Amazon Fire TV Omni QLED 4k UHD, Sony BDV-E280 Blu-ray home theatre system, Virgin broadband.

Best Answers
TonyBear1963
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyBear1963 This message was authored by: TonyBear1963 Answer

Re: Amazon Fire TV Omni

Well this is an interesting update, earlier today as I turned everything on to watch the F1 race Sky wouldn't startup so eventually I disconnected the power to the puck to reset it, when it came back on the remote wouldn't control the TV volume.

So I went straight back to the remote control settings and selected LG, went through all of the codes and nothing worked which through me for a while. So I went back through to the settings menu and selected Panasonic this time, when I got to option 12 of 19 the volume started working again.

It would seem that my original statement was wrong and I got the details mixed up, sorry everyone. @Jporch316 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream & Whole Home (2 pucks), 55 inch Amazon Fire TV Omni QLED 4k UHD, Sony BDV-E280 Blu-ray home theatre system, Virgin broadband.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

TonyBear1963
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyBear1963 This message was authored by: TonyBear1963

I think I might have found a working setup, I worked my way through the LG codes and somewhere around 12/13 the volume level started to change so I've chosen that one to go on with.

This message was authored by fabmartel This message was authored by: fabmartel

Thank you, I was considering an omni too but never thought that because of its 'newness', it would affect other devices not recognising it in their database. I made a note of the LG  workaround 🙂

————————————————————————
Sky Stream (3 pucks) | Sky Mobile | Community Fibre 900Mbps
TonyBear1963
Topic Author

Just to follow up my earlier post, the LG option is working as expected, the pass-through to my Sony home theatre system is being controlled without any issues.

All that I have to do now is figure out if it's possible to bypass the Amazon "who's watching" selection start-up screen and go straight to the Stream puck on HDMI1.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonyBear1963 

Good job - I'll mark your post as the answer in case any other user is looking for the info 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
TonyBear1963
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyBear1963 This message was authored by: TonyBear1963 Answer

Well this is an interesting update, earlier today as I turned everything on to watch the F1 race Sky wouldn't startup so eventually I disconnected the power to the puck to reset it, when it came back on the remote wouldn't control the TV volume.

So I went straight back to the remote control settings and selected LG, went through all of the codes and nothing worked which through me for a while. So I went back through to the settings menu and selected Panasonic this time, when I got to option 12 of 19 the volume started working again.

It would seem that my original statement was wrong and I got the details mixed up, sorry everyone. @Jporch316 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonyBear1963 

No worries I have swapped the answer over !!!

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by NickJ70 This message was authored by: NickJ70

Thanks for this.  This worked for me.  I had given up hope 🙂

This message was authored by Lukeyboy123456789 This message was authored by: Lukeyboy123456789

I'm in the UK 

Trying to get my Amazon Fire TV 4 series, working with the Sky Q Remote. 

I've tried multiple options on the remote control set up on SKY. 

Finally, I've got it working!! 

Choose  JVC and ask sky to find it for you.  Keep pressing NO that did not work, until you get to JVC option 19.

Cheers !! 

This message was authored by Muhit0 This message was authored by: Muhit0

3075 worked for me on Amazon Fire TV

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion