Discussion topic: All 4 missing programmes

This message was authored by Ant13 This message was authored by: Ant13

All 4 missing programmes

Has anyone else noticed that some programmes are missing on All 4 on stream. Celebrity hunted and first dates (girlnfriends viewing not mine) are on All 4 on my mobile no phone and smart TV All 4 app but not on the sky stream. I have tried the weekly ritual of turning off and refreshing apps but no joy. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters Answer

Re: All 4 missing programmes

The missing episodes of celeb hunted are now on my playlist and All4 👍😀

At leat i think it is still All4 ? 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have noticed this, all4 seem to be very slow just lately at uploading things into the stream/glass system. I have found a few times that even though not listed on the menus they are available in the all4 app. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Channel 4 are in the process of re-branding their app. All4 is dead. All their streaming services will now just be called Channel 4. It's possible that the Glass/Stream app is low down the priority list for them to update. 

Ant13
Topic Author

Come to think of it I think I do remember hearing something about that a while ago. Oh well let's hope it gets fixed soon, not really a problem as works on my TV app. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Ant13 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that some programmes are missing on All 4 on stream. Celebrity hunted and first dates (girlnfriends viewing not mine) are on All 4 on my mobile no phone and smart TV All 4 app but not on the sky stream. I have tried the weekly ritual of turning off and refreshing apps but no joy. 

Come on @Ant13 don't blame your girlfriend 🤣.  Anyway you are right Hunted episode 5 is missing from the playlist but can be watched on your laptop.  It is showing on the C4 App but just not on the Glass/Stream C4 App for some reason.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Ant13
Topic Author

She makes me watch. I get no enjoyment from it what so ever. Honest

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

Yes been trying to watch episode 5 of celeb hunted since last week but it still isn't on All4, now episode 6 was shown tonight not on my playlist or on All4 again. 

I can see the episodes on my phone app version. I'm aware they are in the process of changing the app to Ch4, but surely they should still be uploading programs? 

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

Contacted sky today about missing shows on All4, they said they are aware and looking in to it

This message was authored by Joe-Bow This message was authored by: Joe-Bow

Some info I was set by Sky previously (Nov 2021 so it has been an ongoing saga with C4 programming) around missing All4 programmes  

"Current issues at their end" in the quote relates to the RedBee media fire that caused issue for months, although I believe C4 milked it quite a bit for the poor update metadata in Glass.  If the could get the standalone app right then they certainly should have been able to get the Glass metadata right.  

Quote:

C4 have to send us a UVP file with a deeplink, which then is mapped to the content on the All4 app on Glass, if they don’t – that mapping doesn’t happen, that’s why there’s a difference between what you can see on a native All4 app on mobile or web, against their app on a Glass.

This is not Sky’s fault but rather what C4 send us or in this case are able to send due to the current issues at their end.

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters Answer

The missing episodes of celeb hunted are now on my playlist and All4 👍😀

At leat i think it is still All4 ? 

This message was authored by edward+clougher This message was authored by: edward+clougher

Just got sky glass and why the difference in programmes between sky glass and sky q it's still sky so what's going on 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@edward+clougher wrote:

Just got sky glass and why the difference in programmes between sky glass and sky q it's still sky so what's going on 

Sky Q is a satellite service. Sky Glass is a streaming service.

Sky Q can download Channel 4 content on demand for playback from the hard drive or it can stream it from the Channel 4 app which, like on Sky Glass is an app hosted on a server. 

The content made available for download on Q can be different from what is available on the Channel 4 app. Why this is is entirely down to whatever agreement has been made between Sky and Channel 4. There are different versions of the Channel 4 app across different platforms, some of which have fewer restrictions than the version of the app which Sky hosts.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion