Discussion topic: Ad Skipping!

This message was authored by eciruammai This message was authored by: eciruammai

Ad Skipping!

Why hasn't sky made their ad skipping more better. I pay extra so I don't have to watch adverts but somehow I have to fast forward through the adverts when I'm watching any sky TV apps like C4, my5 & ITV X, they have enabled it to be where I can fast forward through the advert and not have to rewind so I don't miss the program I'm watching.. for example, if I'm watching Will & Grace on demand the adverts automatically come on so I have to fast forward hoping that I don't miss the actual start of the program and if I do, I have to rewind whereas apps like Channel 4 have it separate and it's more established. It's really frustrating paying so much money for a product that doesn't work how you think it would especially with sky who was so, big in the competition world when it comes to TV.

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Ad Skipping!

@eciruammai 

There is no ad-free option for Sky Stream.
If, like me, you find adverts abhorrent, the best option is to pay for ITVX Premium & Channel 4+ which will remove ads completely from their content. 
You can currently get a year of ITVX Premium for £19.99 via the ITVX mobile app. 
Ads on Sky content can only be removed by subscribing to NOW TV instead of Stream. The Boost add-on with NOW gives you an ad-free experience, no fast forwarding necessary. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Firstly it's ad-skipping and not ad removal so it gives you the option to skip the ads by fast forwarding.

Secondly Sky don't have control over the ads on the apps like C4 and ITV X. So whilst they have done a deal with these providers to allow the ads to be fast forwarded both these providers want you to subscribe to the premium service of their apps in order to remove the ads. This is the streaming model that all the app providers are following, you have to subscribe to their own premium service to completely remove the ads as the broadcasters are desperate to make up for their lost as revenue in order to survive.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by D+Hig This message was authored by: D+Hig

I can just fast forward the ads to a particular part of the programme that I'm watching rather than having to sit through them. Does make a difference going ad free though as in ITVX 😆

eciruammai
Topic Author
This message was authored by eciruammai This message was authored by: eciruammai

It's called Ad skipping on sky stream

eciruammai
Topic Author

Ok, first of all i said AD SKIPPING and nit Ad Removal! Can u not read

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@eciruammai what could Sky do to meet your desire of making ad skipping better?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by danx55x This message was authored by: danx55x

hi all .

i just signed up for ad skip on sky stream ....they told me it would work for more4 too ...but i doesnt ...so guess i would have to pay for more4 ad free too ... bummer ☹️

This message was authored by D+Hig This message was authored by: D+Hig

That only works through the Channel 4 app when you sign up for their ad free service unfortunately. Bit of a pain I know. Same with ITVX too

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@danx55x wrote:

hi all .

i just signed up for ad skip on sky stream ....they told me it would work for more4 too ...but i doesnt ...so guess i would have to pay for more4 ad free too ... bummer ☹️

Ad skipping won't remove ads it allows you to fast forward through them.

To remove ads completely on ITV X or the Channel 4 app you would need to sign up to each service's premium subscription package.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

thanks for the replies guys...ah ok, so should i be able to fast forward more4 etc ads too?

cheers 

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@danx55x wrote:

thanks for the replies guys...ah ok, so should i be able to fast forward more4 etc ads too?

cheers 

More4 doesn't exist any more. You can fast forward the ads on the Channel 4 app on Sky Stream though. 

😄 silly me .. yes just stopped that 

.... went in to channel 4 app but still can get through the ads ....just says function not available ☹️

cheers 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@danx55x wrote:

😄silly me .. yes just stopped that 

.... went in to channel 4 app but still can get through the ads ....just says function not available ☹️

cheers 

Ad skipping  works fine within the C4 app. As it does for the ITV and C5 sets of channels when you are within their apps.

As soon as you see the advert, keep the right 'circle' remote button pressed and on the bottom of the screen you will see an advert timing countdown of a few minutes or so, and while keeping it pressed you will see it move across that timeline for a few seconds or so.
Once you get to the end of that ad timeline, the programme will restart and you can release the remote button.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

ahh i see...many thanks 

.... tried the right button a few times, but still get the not available message 

....wondering if sky actually enabled the skipping at all 🤔

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion