Discussion topic: unauthorised purchase for £79.99 on the sky store account

This message was authored by Julie1280 This message was authored by: Julie1280

unauthorised purchase for £79.99 on the sky store account

please help. i received an email stating thank you for you sky store purchase, when i checked what it was there was a box set for 79.99 that i supposedly purchased. there is no way i would buy something so expensive, i checked with everyone in my household but no one has purchased this and my children only watch netflix so basically there is only my husband and myself that watch the sky+. the purchase was added to my bill for the following month and have been past from pillar to post trying to get some sense out of the sky store team. i explained all this to the agent and i'm 100% sure that no one who has access to my account has not purchased this. it hasn't been downloaded nor has anyone started watching it, i more or less asked him for it to be removed from my account and adjust my bill as i can't afford it. the agent then put me on hold for a while and come back and said there will be fraud investigation into this and they would get back to me friday, i would receive a call from them with the outcome of the investigation. (my initial call to them was on the monday) so i've waited 4 day. it is now friday and no call from them. i just don't know who to contact as i'm unable to pay this bill, it's something that will never be watch on my tv i just want it removed and my bill adjusted 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: unauthorised purchase for £79.99 on the sky store account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I would suggest you call back to see what's happening. Unfortunately, as customers here, there's little we can do to help, especially as Sky are already looking at it.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

There investigation might take longer than 4 or 5 days or so as I would suspect they are looking into who and how this was ordered on your account so I would suggest calling them back again on Monday to ask for an update.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @Julie1280 

If you log in to Skystore online, then click on your name and then "my account" and then "devices" do you see any devices in the list that you don't recognise ? 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

Julie1280
Topic Author

hi thanks for your reply. yes i done that and there was none of my registered devices being use on the day of the purchase. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Why didn't Sky make an immediate refund ... as the boxset hasn't  been accessed🤔

Did Sky refuse to make an immediate refund?

Exiled in HH
Julie1280
Topic Author

the agent more or less said i was lying as only someone with my pin could buy it. as a result he would not give a refund. i was nearly crying on the phone to him as i would never buy or watch anything like the box set that's now on my account. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Submit a formal complaint to Sky with regard this appalling  customer service😟

If it had been accessed then an investigation is required ... and refund should be delayed🤔

As it has not been accessed an investigation and immediate refund should be made ... considering it places you financial difficulty🙁

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice/

Exiled in HH
Julie1280
Topic Author

as you can probably tell this have been playing on my mind so last night i actually copied the post i put here and pasted it and sent it to the complains department also i sent the email to the sky store email. it can take upto 48hrs for them to get back to me. so fingers crossed it'll get sorted.  

thanks for your advice 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion