Discussion topic: How to watch Sky store purchases without Sky Q

This message was authored by RichardG10 This message was authored by: RichardG10

How to watch Sky store purchases without Sky Q

I think I am about to cancel Sky Q as it is now too expensive. Over the years I have purchased loads of movies through the Sky Store. How can I still access them after cancelling Sky Q? Can I watch them through the  Apple TV box or Amazon Fire TV stick? Or if I take out a Now TV subscription can I watch them through that? Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Re: How to watch Sky store purchases without Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @RichardG10 

You need to contact the Skystore team to ask them to make sure your sky account is kept open as a Skystore account after you leave Sky TV

Then you can use a number of devices to view your movies on. Most LG TVs have Skystore built in. You can also view via Chromecast or on your. tablet / PC / phone. 

https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@RichardG10 

- PC/Mac
- Android/iOS using the Sky Store app
- NOW TV and Roku
- LG Smart TV (WebOS3 or above)

You can also watch Sky Store content on your Chromecast, simply select the Chromecast icon on the Sky Store apps or skystore.com to view your content on the big screen.

To download the free Sky Store App, go to https://skystore.com/myaccount/sky-store-apps

- HD (720p) on NOW TV box, Roku, LG Smart TV, Windows 7 (or later), iOS and Android
- SD only on Mac and earlier version of Windows

https://www.skystore.com/n/hwtw/help/faq/ways-to-watch 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

It is such a shame Sky Store isn't available on more devices.

Just a reflection of Sky's desire to force customers to use Sky's budget devices?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Just a reflection of Sky's desire to force customers to use Sky's budget devices?

More a reflection that Sky has always been a hardware company.

Sky_boxes.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Making budget devices!

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion