Discussion topic: same program recording

This message was authored by sbingha2 This message was authored by: sbingha2

same program recording

Hi all.

For some reason my sky Q has recently started recording multiple versions of the same series link recording when on series link.

As an example I recorded "Beyond Paradise" BBC 1 on a Friday at 9:00when it says new however it NOW records all versions of the same episode i.e. at 2:15am etc. ( this also happens on other chanel's like "Yesterday".

so we now have multiple recordings.

It has only recently starting doing this and having checked all my settings I can't see why so please can someone help me as all I want is to be able to set my series link and record each new episode once!.

Sometimes I Know and sometimes I dont

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: same program recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This sounds like an error on the series link offering that the BBC have marked with Sky.

Your best bet to get this checked and resolved by Sky is to send an email to the Sky Viewer relations team to report it;
ViewerR@sky.uk

They do respond to emails with any updates for your queries or problems.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sbingha2 wrote:

Hi all.

For some reason my sky Q has recently started recording multiple versions of the same series link recording when on series link.

As an example I recorded "Beyond Paradise" BBC 1 on a Friday at 9:00when it says new however it NOW records all versions of the same episode i.e. at 2:15am etc. ( this also happens on other chanel's like "Yesterday".

so we now have multiple recordings.

It has only recently starting doing this and having checked all my settings I can't see why so please can someone help me as all I want is to be able to set my series link and record each new episode once!.

@sbingha2 as @lettice says this is normally a problem from thre broadcaster so in this case bbc but i don't think it is as I have beyond paradise on series link and this is only recording the Friday night episodes  for us 

Try removing the series link then rebooting your main box ie switching of at the plug for 30 seconds then plugging it back in finally re-adding the series link

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
sbingha2
Topic Author
This message was authored by sbingha2 This message was authored by: sbingha2

Hi

having emailed sky they could not fully help me but funnily enough as you sujested I had this afternoon already deleted the series links for Beyond Paradise and Canal Boat diaries, deleted the current recordings, and then rebooted my sky Q.

I have set up new series links so hopefully it will help, I'll have to wait and see if I get any multi recordings later next week . I'll post when I have any news.

thanks to everyone's input.

Sometimes I Know and sometimes I dont

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion