Discussion topic: Viewing card

This message was authored by Kayla1 This message was authored by: Kayla1

Viewing card

Error message saying ensure viewing card is inserted and facing chip up. Card has not been touched.  Tried resetting the box which has not worked 

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Viewing card

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kayla1 wrote:

Error message saying ensure viewing card is inserted and facing chip up. Card has not been touched.  Tried resetting the box which has not worked 

Take it out and wipe the chip with a soft cloth.

I am just another Sky customer!
Kayla1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kayla1 This message was authored by: Kayla1

Tried this already too

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Kayla1 wrote:

Tried this already too

Nothing else to advise. I've escalated your issue to Sky support; watch out for a blue chat bubble.

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Kayla1 wrote:

@Kayla1 You could try refreshing your viewing card by pressing home > settings > system info > viewing card number > setup > viewing card setup press select to trigger a callback don't worry nothing to do with your phone its only Sky's terminology this will be done over the internet 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Kayla1  an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Kayla1. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion