Discussion topic: Unable to watch in UHD

This message was authored by Jasper2344 This message was authored by: Jasper2344

Unable to watch in UHD

Hi all, I am after some information regarding UHD. I have my Sky Q  box set to UHD however when i download something in UHD then go to watch it i get a banner saying unable to watch please connect a supported device. My TV is a 2023 LG C3 so its definitely compatible. Any suggestions on whats wrong? many thanks in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Unable to watch in UHD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jasper2344 wrote:

Hi all, I am after some information regarding UHD. I have my Sky Q  box set to UHD however when i download something in UHD then go to watch it i get a banner saying unable to watch please connect a supported device. My TV is a 2023 LG C3 so its definitely compatible. Any suggestions on whats wrong? many thanks in advance.

HI @Jasper2344 

I am guessing the download is in  UHD/HDR

For this your TV must be set to allow 2160p 10 bit and possibly some other settings.

Check the settings on your TV for the HDMI you are using and ensure anything such as Deep Color/True Color/Enhanced or similar is set (sorry I don't recall off the top of my head the LG Setting) 

Once set make sure your SKY box is set to 2160p 10 bit 
Home - Settings - Setup - Audio Visual -Picture Resolution

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nigea99 wrote:

@Jasper2344 wrote:

HI @Jasper2344 

I am guessing the download is in  UHD/HDR

For this your TV must be set to allow 2160p 10 bit and possibly some other settings.

Check the settings on your TV for the HDMI you are using and ensure anything such as Deep Color/True Color/Enhanced or similar is set (sorry I don't recall off the top of my head the LG Setting) 

Once set make sure your SKY box is set to 2160p 10 bit 
Home - Settings - Setup - Audio Visual -Picture Resolution

@nigea99 @Jasper2344 it deep color for LG TV's 😀

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Jasper2344
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jasper2344 This message was authored by: Jasper2344

I managed to get it sorted. I had moved around some of my HDMI leads and the TV had designated to the piece of equipment (PS5) once i deleated the device settings and restarted my sky box everything was good.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion