Discussion topic: US Open Tennis

This message was authored by Brenda-w This message was authored by: Brenda-w

US Open Tennis

I watched the US Open Tennis on Sky Showcase (I think that’s what it was called) for two nights. Now there is nothing there except alternative programmes.  
I don’t want Sky Sport., and thought I had found a way to watch, but now it has disappeared.  Why did Sky do this for two nights, then stop. So disappointing. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Re: US Open Tennis

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think Showcase is like a freebie teaser of otherwise paid sub channels.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

I think Showcase is like a freebie teaser of otherwise paid sub channels.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Brenda-w 

As @Chodley indicates, it cost Sky a considerable amount of money to secure five years of US Open rights from USTA, so they aren't going to give it away.

Sky describes Showcase as 'a linear only main event channel that will curate a selection of the top shows from across Sky’s portfolio of entertainment brands. So when you’re not sure what you’re in the mood for, Sky Showcase is the place to go to find something new to watch'

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Brenda-w
Topic Author
This message was authored by Brenda-w This message was authored by: Brenda-w

Ah I didn't know this about Sky Showcase.  So disappointed.  Thank you for letting me know.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion