Discussion topic: Tnt hd channels not working on sky q box

This message was authored by DXB04 This message was authored by: DXB04

Re: Tnt hd channels not working on sky q box

Bit of a coincidence that on the 15th & 16th August all the TNT Sports Channels were moved between satellites from Astra 2E to Astra 2G and included a change in frequency. All well documented if you know where to look.

This message was authored by TDR This message was authored by: TDR

I have the same issue with the TNT sports channels not working. Tried everything to no effect. Is the only solution to call out a sky engineer?

This message was authored by DXB04 This message was authored by: DXB04

That's what will happen if you work through the automated help process. If you're lucky you might get the next engineer availability date which was 4th Dec. Good Luck.

This message was authored by Anthony_S83 This message was authored by: Anthony_S83

I've had this same problem for a few months now and sky continuously would send the channel signal again and that was fine up until a few days ago , this time nothing would work, after half an hour with someone in technical help I wa passed through to someone else without being told , the person was in billing and suggested they take by sports off and put it immediately back on locking me in to a new 24 months contract, I was astounded and still am , that's illegal for a start however after half an hour back at technical with someone different I was given the options of a engineer visit 3 weeks away, new viewing card which would mean I'd have no tv for 5 days and it may not work or a new box which could be similar , I've not had much choice but to wait for an engineer and now I suspect it will be To do with neighbours dish and signal , I'm at breaking point with sky , I'm absolutely bewildered that they think the best way to sort a problem on there side and nothing to do with me is to make me pay more , be in contract longer and /or lose out on tv.  Having had this problem 7 times in a matter of months I think I can confidently say 85 percent of the people I've spoken to in technical or billing were simply guessing. I've been a sky customer for years but they just just don't care and I'm not being rude I'm being honest , even on here I've seen a community person answer three times with "this problem is fixed" which is simply not true. 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anthony_S83 wrote:

...even on here I've seen a community person answer three times with "this problem is fixed" which is simply not true. 

There was a problem over one weekend that was fixed.

If powering down your box and leaving it unplugged for at least 5 minutes does not resolve your issue, then you have another problem and will need to book a Sky engineer as the most likely culprit is dish misalignment.

I have shared the link to do so on the other 3 posts if you need it.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Anthony_S83 This message was authored by: Anthony_S83

Sadly it seems so , my honest opinion do it online and book it yourself , I spent almost who hours on the phone with three different sky staff and was offered the most bizarre answers ever like as I said above since the channel you pay us for among a lot more money you pay us isn't working and it's nit your fault at all why don't we take it off put it immediately back on and lock you in to a nice new 24 month contract at a similar or just a few pounds more of a price . Even In typing this I still can't get over that . I know some ppl really are trying to help but when you get that service and then on here you get "that problem is resolved now" repeated when it's not , I mean it feels like they get so much money that they simply don't care much about a few hundred or even thousand ppl getting treated terribly. 

That's simply not true

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion