Discussion topic: Thought it would be a seemless switch

This message was authored by Mike23572 This message was authored by: Mike23572

Thought it would be a seemless switch

Hi, I recently switched BT Sport from my BT contract on to Sky and my new package went live on 28/02/23. However, when trying to watch BT Sport tonight I was met with the message 'you will see this channel when your one month delayed activation period ends and you have cancelled your current subscription with BT Sport.' Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Thought it would be a seemless switch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mike23572 wrote:
Hi, I recently switched BT Sport from my BT contract on to Sky and my new package went live on 28/02/23. However, when trying to watch BT Sport tonight I was met with the message 'you will see this channel when your one month delayed activation period ends and you have cancelled your current subscription with BT Sport.' Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @Mike23572 

Did you give the required 31 days notice?

Mike23572
Topic Author

I switched on 14/02/23 and was still within contract until mid March with BT as they have charged me around £15 for 'leaving early.' I have tried looking for my original contract end date with BT but haven't found it. I've had to return the router though so they're quick off the mark with that!

This message was authored by Ecosse This message was authored by: Ecosse

My guess is that you've had a double hit here.  A £15 admin cancellation fee and a suspended 31-day wait for a transfer.

====================================================
Samsung UE49MU7070XX - Samsung MS550 Soundbar+ with 9000S Rears
Sky Q 2Tb + 3 Minis - BT Full Fibre 900
Mike23572
Topic Author

thanks for the replies, anything I can do by contacting Sky or BT?!

This message was authored by Ecosse This message was authored by: Ecosse

You'd need to contact BT to confirm what the "hold-up" is if it is in line with my suspicions.  Sky can't do anything until your account is released by BT.

====================================================
Samsung UE49MU7070XX - Samsung MS550 Soundbar+ with 9000S Rears
Sky Q 2Tb + 3 Minis - BT Full Fibre 900
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mike23572 wrote:

@Mike23572 I am wondering Sky used to (don't know if they still do) have an option when transferring from paying  BT for BT sport to paying Sky to delay activasion for 1 month to allow you to give your 1 months notice to BT maybe this has been put on your account rather than starting from the date you added the subscription to your account

I'd say give Sky a call 

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion