Discussion topic: The Swam Download Failed Remote Network Problem

This message was authored by SJGLCL This message was authored by: SJGLCL

The Swam Download Failed Remote Network Problem

Anyone else been having this 

1st Download got to 3rd As Break and failed.

Now I've wiped the recording and tried again, I can't even get it to record by the 1st AD Break 

I did see a post from a while ago about switching off Tailored Adverts, however this doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Anyone else got any suggestions.

.tried different DNS Servers but same issue still.

Technology is great when it works, but when it don't it isn't.. 

Steve

All Replies

This message was authored by Matt+Deakin This message was authored by: Matt+Deakin

Re: The Swam Download Failed Remote Network Problem

I have had a similar problem on The Swarm, but only the latter episodes. (Other random Programmes have displayed similar problems but I either gave up, or found another way to watch etc. On demand apps directly on smart tv etc). I am Sky tv and broadband customer so I dont believe its ISP related, nor do I dont its networking issues such as DNS IPv6 etc.

In the case of The Swarm, I managed to brute force it by deleting said episode with download issue, and kept trying to download again. A bit hit and miss, but when it did download I let it progress (the circle gets filled) to about 50% then started trying to watch the episode and fortunately the episode continued to download (whereas I didnt the traditional ways).... same solution for next episode and so on.

Not ideal and not very smart or impressive of technology in 2023, but somehow at least it worked in the end. Lol 

Good luck!

This message was authored by Martin+S This message was authored by: Martin+S

Re: The Swam Download Failed Remote Network Problem

I had no problem with the 1st Eps but it downloaded the 2nd in SD,, so had to delete that from the deleted section and re-download in HD, hope this isn't a continuing problem with this series

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion