Discussion topic: Stay or go need help here

This message was authored by seandrews This message was authored by: seandrews

Stay or go need help here

Hi I had full package of TNT & Sky sports including cinema kids and UHD etc for £90 till around 8 months ago they wanted me to go to £125 for it all.  i cancelled down and was paying around £70 and got rid of both sports kids and cinema but still had some offers now my bill is £114.No offers on anything that's the basic price for Tv and broadband, multi screen and UHD and HD
what is the likelihood of a decent deal before I sign up to EE and get it all for around £85 to 90 with 2 extra boxes. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Stay or go need help here

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@seandrews wrote:

Hi I had full package of TNT & Sky sports including cinema kids and UHD etc for £90 till around 8 months ago they wanted me to go to £125 for it all.  i cancelled down and was paying around £70 and got rid of both sports kids and cinema but still had some offers now my bill is £114.No offers on anything that's the basic price for Tv and broadband, multi screen and UHD and HD
what is the likelihood of a decent deal before I sign up to EE and get it all for around £85 to 90 with 2 extra boxes. 

You will only know by contacting Sky directly @seandrews 

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Stay or go need help here

@seandrews wrote:

Better deals tend to only come if you actually cancel and enter the 31 day notice period. 

Your service continues as normal but you gain much more leverage for negotiation and the retentions department can offer better deals. 

The even better deals tend to come only after your service has ended. As long as you keep your marketing permissions turned on, with a valid phone number and/or email address, you'll start getting offers to 'come back to Sky' within a few months of leaving. Half price is not uncommon. That's what I was offered, first for Sky Stream then for Sky Q. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion