Discussion topic: Sound sync issues with Sony and mini sky q box

This message was authored by James206 This message was authored by: James206

Sound sync issues with Sony and mini sky q box

I have an ongoing issue the last number of months in which I have a relatively new Sony bravia and it's connected to a mini box every so often it goes out of sync other days it would be fine I have swapped mini box 3 times it has a hardwire gigabyte ethernet connection have used multiple leads and followed all sonys trouble shooting and still no joy sky have been out to look at it but failed to resolve any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sound sync issues with Sony and mini sky q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James206 wrote:

I have an ongoing issue the last number of months in which I have a relatively new Sony bravia and it's connected to a mini box every so often it goes out of sync other days it would be fine I have swapped mini box 3 times it has a hardwire gigabyte ethernet connection have used multiple leads and followed all sonys trouble shooting and still no joy sky have been out to look at it but failed to resolve any ideas?

Hi @James206 

Who is you broadband supplier and to what is the mini Ethernet connected ?

James206
Topic Author

Eir is their supplier and that's feeding the switch the mini box is connected to I have 950+ mbs at the cat 6 feeding the box there is also 3 other mini boxes in this house and have swapped them around and the problem is persistent with the sony

James206
Topic Author

I should note aswell that they have purchased a second Sony bravia 85inch to rule out TV problem and it's still happening but when I swapoed the mini out with the main box no sync issues everything perfect

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James206 wrote:

Eir is their supplier and that's feeding the switch the mini box is connected to I have 950+ mbs at the cat 6 feeding the box there is also 3 other mini boxes in this house and have swapped them around and the problem is persistent with the sony

Hi @James206 

Are all your Q boxes connected to the Eir router either directly or through simple unmanaged Ethernet switches?

James206
Topic Author

Through unmanaged switch

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion