Discussion topic: Sound dropout on main event

This message was authored by HelloYouCant This message was authored by: HelloYouCant

Re: Sound dropping on UHD on sky q

Waiting for the email coming back saying the issue is with my TV 🙄😤

This message was authored by Jbriggs29 This message was authored by: Jbriggs29

Just adding in myself in here to build up people so we can confirm it's absolutely a Sky issues....there I was thinking I had nicked a cable doing some DIY lately!!!  Happened on the Golf on 401 HD yesterday and nowmon Superbowl.  The pause a few seconds trick seems to be working. Thanks all for posting!

This message was authored by Adds1 This message was authored by: Adds1

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

I've had the same issues I know it's not ideal but I've found that if you rewind the live feed around 15 secs or so, it goes away..The lip sync is still off also.. I believe it's a UHD and Dolby Atmos problem as when I turn to normal HD the problems go away.. Sky..Please fix this. 

This message was authored by Footballfan405 This message was authored by: Footballfan405

Re: Sound stutter on main event

I'm getting the same problem (watching the Superbowl) on channel 401 but NOT if I watch in  UHD via channel 407. Very annoying. 

SKY Q

LG  OLED (2022) TV

LG soundbar, connected via E-ARC, with TV speakers

This message was authored by Dave1111 This message was authored by: Dave1111

Same issue here on 401 UHD for the last 2 weeks watching both Utd matches. Pausing didn't fix mine so I changed the sound from DD to Normal in sound preferences which did stop the drop outs but at the expense of poor sound quality. Will try channel 402 & red button next time. Frustrating.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

Is been going on long enough. Please fix Sky before the price increases

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for highlighting this problem.

We're sorry you're experiencing the issue, I've passed the details to our support teams to investigate.

I'll mark the thread as answered, however this doesn't mean the problem is fixed, it allows others to see what the most recent updates are.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by RevBob This message was authored by: RevBob

Re: Split second sound drop out

Having the same problems on Sky UHD mainly on live UK football matches. Every fix tried. No other channel caused me an issue. Sound paused for a split second on my Panasonic oled. Tnt sports on fire stick no issue no other Sky q channel causing a problem. Watching Villa v man u yesterday switched down to 402:HD from UHD issue was not there. No problem watching live cricket from India or tennis on UHD just live football UK. Contacted sky customer service who said they would get back to me they never did. Will escalate the problem. It appears it is not just me with this issue 

This message was authored by neilsmith72xxx This message was authored by: neilsmith72xxx

I think it only happens on Dolby Atmos content, doesn't happen during adverts which are just Dolby 2 stereo

This message was authored by RevBob This message was authored by: RevBob

Sky solution is to send an engineer out. Arriving Tuesday a.m. I have no idea what he is going to do that I have not. I suppose it can be a box ticked to help sky ? Will update 

This message was authored by johnwestgate This message was authored by: johnwestgate

That sounds a bit strange when many people are having the same issue. 

This message was authored by Darren+Talbot This message was authored by: Darren+Talbot

I'm optical in stereo and it's doing it all the time. 

This message was authored by Wildcat103 This message was authored by: Wildcat103

I have noticed the same issues with UHD on 401. We are paying a premium for this service. I think I will be calling customer service and demanding a refund 😡

This message was authored by Lanec This message was authored by: Lanec

Do SKY even acknowledge that this is an issue ?

I'm getting a split second sound drop out every 30 seconds or so . 

It's getting worse .

Assuming it's an Atmos issue 

This message was authored by Daveyboy1234 This message was authored by: Daveyboy1234

Just wanted to add another to the people experiencing the issue. 

have been getting very frustrated with Main event stuttering. Its most definitely a Sky issue. 

Sky sports premier league UHD channel also in Atmos works fine without stuttering so seems to be only the main event channel that is experiencing this strange issue. So anyone that can watch football on the premier league UHD channel then that's the best way around the issue for now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion