Discussion topic: Slow start of Q box

This message was authored by dgardner1947 This message was authored by: dgardner1947

Slow start of Q box

When switching on from the Sky remote either from cold or from standby it takes an age to turn the tv on and again takes ages to find the HDMI 1 Sky Q Home Screen. Sometimes it can't find it and I have to press the home button on the Sky remote. It eventually gets there but is disappointing to have to wait so long. Is this caused by software updates or can it be put down to an old Q box. It's a 32B108? Has anyone come across this problem

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Slow start of Q box

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @dgardner1947 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
dgardner1947
Topic Author
This message was authored by dgardner1947 This message was authored by: dgardner1947

Re: Slow start of Q box

Hi, This is an ongoing problem which has not gone away. The Q box seems thoroughly confused and after rebooting so many times I am left with a system that may or not get connected to the smart tv or to find the Sky HTMI 1 channel. I have followed all engineers procedures which works for a few days and then it slips back to being confused. Other than buying a new Q box I don't know what the answer is 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion