Discussion topic: SkyQ IR Reomte

This message was authored by Matthew222 This message was authored by: Matthew222

SkyQ IR Reomte

Does anyone know if I can use IR blasters with skyQ boxes (including the mini)? I am aware that they are Bluetooth but my specific question related to the use of IR on these boxes / controllers.

I currently have two sky HD boxes installed remotely (not near TV's connected to a distribution system to get the signals to all TV's and control is via magic eyes.

if I upgrade to skyQ can I use IR blasters (in place of magic eyes) so that I can have a remote per room that will be able to control the new skyQ boxes?

Matt

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: SkyQ IR Reomte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matthew222 wrote:

Does anyone know if I can use IR blasters with skyQ boxes (including the mini)? I am aware that they are Bluetooth but my specific question related to the use of IR on these boxes / controllers.

I currently have two sky HD boxes installed remotely (not near TV's connected to a distribution system to get the signals to all TV's and control is via magic eyes.

if I upgrade to skyQ can I use IR blasters (in place of magic eyes) so that I can have a remote per room that will be able to control the new skyQ boxes?

hi @Matthew222 

yes you can use the remotes in infrared mode 

they are actually infrared until paired - once paired which pairs Bluetooth & then with the TV (IR) you can reset them to IR only by pressing 4 & 6 together & holding

All remotes work the same way on all boxes 

Obvioulsy It would depend on how / where you set up the IR blasters but no reason why they would not work 

BTW The Bluetooth is actually long ranged and can work from a different room 

If you are thinking of upgrading from SKY + / HD then you might find some notes I have put together useful:

SKY HD to SKY Q 

and also this post from someone changing over:

SKY HD to SKY Q case study 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion