Discussion topic: Sky

This message was authored by Les+C This message was authored by: Les+C

Sky

A story of woe with Sky.

30th Jan - Sky Q main box failed. Constant reboot, whirring hard disk and the blue circle issue folks see. 1st Feb: After 3 days of trying to reboot it / software updates etc failing I called Sky who promised a next day shipment of a new box.

6th Feb: 5 days latter no sign of box, nor any calls form Sky. So I call them and get told that my box is so old, it needs and engineer visit to replace it. However, as a box was ordered for mail delivery it caused issues with Sky back end processes and it needed a CRF 9Customer Resolution Form) sign off. This would take up to 3 days.

8th Feb: SMS Text from Sky to say - CRF now needs to wait till 9th Feb to be approved

9th Feb: Further SMS Text from Sky to say - CRF now needs to wait till 12th Feb to be approved

12th Feb: Further SMS Text from Sky to say - CRF now needs to wait till 13th Feb to be approved

Feb 14th: Phone call from Sky to book in an engineer visit for Monday 19th Feb am slot. Alos offered "compensation" of a 1 month trial of Movies and £19. I pointed out that teh £19 did not even cover the time period I’ve been without TV but being charged by Sky and that a trail is more hassle than its worth as the onus is on me to stop the trial or be charged.

Feb 19th No sign of Engineer by mid day having waited in. Call Sky and they have no record of an engineer having been booked in. Now rebooked in for Friday 23rd. I have had enough so ask to speak to a manager. Advised "can't do that but i can get one to call me back". 

Feb 20th Still no one has called me back and I’m very dubious I’ll see a fix this Friday based on history and customer service to date. 

Is it just me, or is this a ridiculous situation and terrible customer service form Sky based on bureaucratic processes and systems that are not customer centric? Anyone else suffering the same issues with Sky back office processes.

I've been a customer for around 13 years but I’ve had enough! Nearly a month without TV!.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's not just you. That is poor.

Les+C
Topic Author
This message was authored by Les+C This message was authored by: Les+C

Glad I'm not alone. I'd love to sit down with them and explain how frustrating it feels as a customer to have to go through their processes and put up with their perpetual failures on the customer service front. 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Les+C 

I sympathise. It seems that in recent years Sky's customer service levels have steadily decreased. Their whole IT system seems antiquated and in dire need of a total redesign. They now have too many products and too many subscription options which seem to do nothing other than confuse both their own staff and their customers. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion