Discussion topic: Sky q box

This message was authored by Michael212 This message was authored by: Michael212

Sky q box

I've had a replacement sky Q box delivered and the mains connection is different,  from what I understand so far is that this one needs some sort of transformer..I just can't get to anyone at sky to either get a cable or a different box...any help 🤔🤔

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Michael212 wrote:

I've had a replacement sky Q box delivered and the mains connection is different,  from what I understand so far is that this one needs some sort of transformer..I just can't get to anyone at sky to either get a cable or a different box...any help 🤔🤔

Hi @Michael212 

On the 2TB there are two versions of power supply. One has a standard C7 (figure of eight) power lead socket in the back of the Q box. The other has a separate power supply. Although this still has the C7 power lead into the power supply there is a multi pin Din power socket in the Q box for connecting the power supply. Make sure that the replacement box has the power supply included if the Q box has the orange coded multi pin din socket in the back of the Q box. See below.

IMG_0432.png

If you need to contact Sky then you need to persevere by phone.
To contact Sky
Select Need more help
at the bottom of the following link and this will lead to a phone contact.
Ignore all automated messages and wait for an agent
https://www.sky.com/help/home

Michael212
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michael212 This message was authored by: Michael212

Thanks 👍 I know what I need and I finally got through to someone who I explained it to , who then put me on hold for 20 mins then cut me off 🤬🤬 so I've tried some emails ...its a mains lead surely it can't be that difficult to sort out 🙄🤔🤔

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Michael212 

Be aware Sky don't use email as a general communication tool so you may not receive a response. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion