Discussion topic: Sky q box fault

This message was authored by madspark This message was authored by: madspark

Sky q box fault

Hi just had issues again with recordings on main Q box. Must be the 4th time I've had this issue. (2nd time since December)

Unable to access recordings etc. 3 times I've had to do the full reset losing all recordings etc. This time I phoned SKY, got a rather patronising reply, and saying I can't automatically ask for a replacement box and engineer will need to visit (in 11 days time!!) meanwhile no ability to record etc. The Q box must be around 5 + years old.  Helpline guy said engineer will decide if I need a new box as doing another factory reset could put the box into permanent hibernation (standby), making me think there's a known issue. Anyone else had to get their box changed but had to jump through hoops?  I know I'm basically renting the Q box but annoyed that I've to wait nearly  a fortnight to get full service again that I have just been told is increasing in price. 😡

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sky q box fault

@madspark 

You can order a replacement box by using the form on this page.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion