Discussion topic: Sky discount for no broadband.

This message was authored by JimB68 This message was authored by: JimB68

Sky discount for no broadband.

I returned to Sky recently.  Sky TV was reconnected in 3 weeks.  Broadband should have been same but a problem in the Openreach cabinet means I won't get connected for 7 weeks.    I realise I will get compensated for this delay by Openreach, but this also impacts on what I can do on my Sky Q box.  I contacted Sky to ask them for a discount on my Sky TV subscription while I have no internet.  After all, the whole package is through them.  They flat refused.  Said all the subscription packages I paid for, I was receiving.  They don't charge for catch up/downloads/apps so they're "worthless".  They're definitely not worthless to subscibers and are a significant part of the reason we sign up to a Sky package.  It's not a large amount of money, but I think Sky's attitude on this stinks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Sky discount for no broadband.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Use their complaints process then?

personally Q would be the least of my problems if I had no broadband.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky discount for no broadband.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JimB68 wrote:

They flat refused.

They can choose to do that: subscription television and related services are not regulated in the same way as broadband, and there's no 'compensation scheme' equivalent to that overseen by Ofcom for ISPs.

As a subscriber you can attempt to negotiate a 'discount'/'refund'/'compensation' but there's no contractual right to any such thing: you can also choose to make decisions about continuing to subscribe (outside any contractual minimum period) accordingly.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion