Discussion topic: Sky TV

This message was authored by Steve1938 This message was authored by: Steve1938

Sky TV

I have had 2 Sky engineers visits in the last 10 days to try to fix a sound glitch on my sky tv, effects mini box too & apps on sky tv. Firestick & pure wifi apps appear to be better. I have about 10 days left of my cooling off period for this Sky tv contract but cannot get anyone at sky to address my issue, I am concerned the time will elapse & im stuck. I'm recovering from mouth cancer & talking can be a struggle so stuck on the phone for hours explaining the same information 10 times is not fun. The only thing the sky engineers have not done is replace all cabling from the dish to the box (new box & dish fitted). Really need a fix here. Can anyone help?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steve1938 

It doesn't address the technical issue but with your heath issues it may be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help you now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Steve1938 

I do not know if anyone here can help but to be able to try we probably really need more information. 

Can you explain more about  the 'glitch' you are experiencing - is it loss of sound , sound not in synch with the video or something else?

How are you listening to the sound - is it from the TV speakers or are you using a Sound bar or AV amp/receiver ?

If using a Sound bar or other AV, how is the SKY Q connected / routed is SKY Q connected to the TV and using ARC from the TVs or using optical cable from the TV or is SKY Q connected via HDMI or optical cable to the Sound bar/ AV ?

What are the makes & models of the TVs & any Sound equipment ?

What is the setting in :

Home - Settings - Setup - Audio Visual

Digital audio output HDMI

(& if using optical to Sound equipment direct the Optical setting)

If using HDMI cables have different HDMI cables been tried ?

BTW Faulty cabling fom dish to SKY Q would not cause only optical glitches

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion