Discussion topic: Sky Q with Samsung Frame

This message was authored by LH70 This message was authored by: LH70

Sky Q with Samsung Frame

Hi 

I have the Samsung Frame wall mounted above our fireplace. We have built the chimney breast out to create a niche behind the tv where the connect box and sky q box sit. 

when the tv is off the wall sky works fine. Once I put the tv in place flush against the chimney breast, my remote won't communicate with the sky box and it just doesn't work. 

Sky are telling me the box needs to be visible but surely not? What are my options? 

Thanks in advance 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Q with Samsung Frame

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I suspect the housing for the Q box is effectvely blocking the remote's bluetooth signal. An infra red repeater might be a solution.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @LH70 

Are you sure that the remote is paired with box ?

Until it is paired it works in IR mode

May I suggest you try a reset of your remote: & pair

Press & Hold the 7 & 9 until the remote's light (red LED above the SKY logo button) flashes 4 times

Then press 1 & 3 together to go through to re-pair with the box and your TV - make sure it has line of sight of the box as until it is paired it uses Infrared

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-remotes/setting-up-remote

Once it is paired in bluetooth mode you should be able to control the box.

I have used my remote as a test from my back garden with my box in an alcove by my front window - so through 2 walls & 2 rooms

LH70
Topic Author

Hi 

the remote is definitely paired as when I take the tv off the wall the remote works perfectly fine. When I put the tv back on the wall there's no signal and I can't operate the remote. 

@LH70 wrote:

Hi 

the remote is definitely paired as when I take the tv off the wall the remote works perfectly fine. When I put the tv back on the wall there's no signal and I can't operate the remote. 

Can you use voice control OK ?

LH70
Topic Author

Yes I think this is definitely what is happening. 

how does an infa red repeater work? Would this attach by hdmi to the sky box? And where would I get one from? 

thanks 

LH70
Topic Author

I've not tried this yet!! 

@LH70 wrote:

I've not tried this yet!! 

Assuming you try when normal commands are working  - then i voice control works then it is paired in bluetooth mode

If Voice control fails then it is possible it is not paired in bluetooth mode & relying on IR only

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@LH70 wrote:

Yes I think this is definitely what is happening. 

how does an infa red repeater work? Would this attach by hdmi to the sky box? And where would I get one from? 

If you have to resort to one, there's a small receiver which you place somewhere convenient in the room, maybe at the bottom of the TV,  connected by a thin cable to a sender which you'd place behind the TV where your Sky box can 'see' it. It will only repeat infra red commands, though, not voice control which is via BT.

LH70
Topic Author

I got it all working . . . Thank you so much for your help 🙂 the control wasn't activated for Bluetooth!! Who knew :-0 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion