Discussion topic: Sky Q remote stopped working

This message was authored by SimonM_CBX This message was authored by: SimonM_CBX

Sky Q remote stopped working

5 days ago while I was watching TV, all of a sudden my Sky Q remote stopped working. Went through the usual troubleshooting procedures of switching off from the mains and rebooting, replacing batteries with new ones, pressing buttons 1 and 3 together, 7 and 9 together,  etc still nothing. I noticed even pressing buttons on remote, light isnt flashing. And I have new batteries.

I requested a replacement to be sent out it came within a couple of days. Set up the new remote and it seems to be working fine. This morning the exact same thing happened with the new one. It had stopped working. I had done the same troubleshooting process nothing seems to work. The light on the remote doesn't flash when you press any button. 

There seems to be nothing wrong with the Sky Q box as I'm using a mobile phone app to act as my remote.

Can somebody please help me? This is getting ridiculous now. I've had Sky for a couple of months. I want to use what I've paid for. Seems to be a fault with the remotes.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q remote stopped working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SimonM_CBX wrote:

5 days ago while I was watching TV, all of a sudden my Sky Q remote stopped working. Went through the usual troubleshooting procedures of switching off from the mains and rebooting, replacing batteries with new ones, pressing buttons 1 and 3 together, 7 and 9 together,  etc still nothing. I noticed even pressing buttons on remote, light isnt flashing. And I have new batteries.

I requested a replacement to be sent out it came within a couple of days. Set up the new remote and it seems to be working fine. This morning the exact same thing happened with the new one. It had stopped working. I had done the same troubleshooting process nothing seems to work. The light on the remote doesn't flash when you press any button. 

There seems to be nothing wrong with the Sky Q box as I'm using a mobile phone app to act as my remote.

Can somebody please help me? This is getting ridiculous now. I've had Sky for a couple of months. I want to use what I've paid for. Seems to be a fault with the remotes.

Hi @SimonM_CBX 

.The only buttons that will illuminate the red led on the remote are the Question mark (?) button and the Microphone button .

To reset the remote you need to press the buttons in the correct order.

With the Q box on with green led try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

SimonM_CBX
Topic Author
This message was authored by SimonM_CBX This message was authored by: SimonM_CBX

Re: Sky Q remote stopped working

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've done all that in the correct order. Nothing happens.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion