Discussion topic: Sky Q - red button/teletext

This message was authored by LQ2 This message was authored by: LQ2

Sky Q - red button/teletext

Hi,

Please can someone confirm if you get the red button/teletext available on Sky Q.  I currently have Sky plus hd but frequently losing the signal on channels and may have to upgrade but would like to know if the red button is still available on BBC 1 and BBC2 to check news and weather, sports results -  old school style!. Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky Q - red button/teletext

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LQ2 wrote:

Hi,

Please can someone confirm if you get the red button/teletext available on Sky Q.  I currently have Sky plus hd but frequently losing the signal on channels and may have to upgrade but would like to know if the red button is still available on BBC 1 and BBC2 to check news and weather, sports results -  old school style!. Thanks

hi @LQ2 

Sorry but the red button text service on the BBC is not available on SKY Q.

It was due to be switched off accross all platforms but the BBC went back on that.

LQ2
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply.  My dad uses it all the time.  Why is it not availale on Sky q if i am currently getting it with Sky Plus?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LQ2 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  My dad uses it all the time.  Why is it not availale on Sky q if i am currently getting it with Sky Plus?

hi @LQ2 

It was never implemented on SKY Q.

As I said the service  was due to be decommisioned on all platforms but the BBC back tracked & thus it still remains on older kit

LQ2
Topic Author

ok thank you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion