Discussion topic: Sky Q packages

This message was authored by Negativepitch42 This message was authored by: Negativepitch42

Sky Q packages

I'm not even sure if this is the right section, so please move if needed.

I'll start at the beginning for some that I haven't spoken to as yet.

I had a new Sky Q box this week from the old Sky + HD

Because of cost, many years ago.... like 17-ish odd years ago, we dropped to the cheapest package which was Sky Entertainment....which we still have, after all this time, with discount which we were given and still have, we currently pay £33 a month, it includes the price hikes, obviously, an will go up with them, but we still continue to have the discount.

Having had problems with my new Sky Q, I was speaking to customer service etc, and they were saying that Entertainment doesn't exist now, it has changed to Signature.

Then I started to get all the blurb about putting me on signature and I could get an extra £1.25 off our bill for the two-year contract, then it would go up to the normal price.

No thank you, because we have had our current pack all these years, and apart from the price hikes, we still don't pay what would have been the full price and would continue to, so it would be cheaper on the base price...anyone follow that?

Then you get all the extra blurb about deals etc, The HD pack, netflix free for 4 months.

I'm not interested in any of that, we are not on a two year rolling contract.

Due to having problems with my sky Q box, I was given the HD Pack for 4 months.

So at the moment, we have the old Entertainment and the HD pack.

I plan on dropping the HD at the end of the free trial.

So...to my main question.  

I can't follow any of it on the Sky site.

If we change to the basic Signature on its own, (no packs), What benefits do we get? Taking into account our current price to what would be the signature price.

Is it on a two year rolling contract?

What is the next package up from that from Signature?

I read some place that there are two basics? You get slightly more in one for the same price??

As I say, I’m not interested in Sky HD.

All I can see on their sites are, add on this, add on that, and nothing on about the packages 1,2,3 for example.

Sorry for the equivalent of war and Peace.

Thanks for any replies.

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sky Q packages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Negativepitch42 

Sky doesn't promote Signature any more: the three bundles named there are the only ones offered online.  Signature might still exist by phoning though.

It's worth considering that Sky basically has to charge more to bundle Netflix, even on the advertising supported tier, because it has additional cost to them.

Hi @TimmyBGood 

@Negativepitch42

According to the website Netflix (Standard with Ads) is still in the Signature package .

It would seem that signing up to a new 2 year contract you get Sky Signature (which includes Netflix Std) for £31 per month

Sky TV: £31 pm with a new 24-month minimum term. Prices may change during this period. Standard price (currently £36.50pm) applies when not signing up to a new min term or outside of min term. Prices may change during this period. Set-up: New customers: £20; Existing Sky Q customers: £20;

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0468.png

Sky TV: £31 pm with a new 24-month minimum term. Prices may change during this period. Standard price (currently £36.50pm) applies when not signing up to a new min term or outside of min term. Prices may change during this period. Set-up: New customers: £20; Existing Sky Q customers: £20;

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Negativepitch42 wrote:

I'm not even sure if this is the right section, so please move if needed.

I'll start at the beginning for some that I haven't spoken to as yet.

I had a new Sky Q box this week from the old Sky + HD

Because of cost, many years ago.... like 17-ish odd years ago, we dropped to the cheapest package which was Sky Entertainment....which we still have, after all this time, with discount which we were given and still have, we currently pay £33 a month, it includes the price hikes, obviously, an will go up with them, but we still continue to have the discount.

Having had problems with my new Sky Q, I was speaking to customer service etc, and they were saying that Entertainment doesn't exist now, it has changed to Signature.

Then I started to get all the blurb about putting me on signature and I could get an extra £1.25 off our bill for the two-year contract, then it would go up to the normal price.

No thank you, because we have had our current pack all these years, and apart from the price hikes, we still don't pay what would have been the full price and would continue to, so it would be cheaper on the base price...anyone follow that?

Then you get all the extra blurb about deals etc, The HD pack, netflix free for 4 months.

I'm not interested in any of that, we are not on a two year rolling contract.

Due to having problems with my sky Q box, I was given the HD Pack for 4 months.

So at the moment, we have the old Entertainment and the HD pack.

I plan on dropping the HD at the end of the free trial.

So...to my main question.  

I can't follow any of it on the Sky site.

If we change to the basic Signature on its own, (no packs), What benefits do we get? Taking into account our current price to what would be the signature price.

Is it on a two year rolling contract?

What is the next package up from that from Signature?

I read some place that there are two basics? You get slightly more in one for the same price??

As I say, I’m not interested in Sky HD.

All I can see on their sites are, add on this, add on that, and nothing on about the packages 1,2,3 for example.

Sorry for the equivalent of war and Peace.

Thanks for any replies.

@Negativepitch42 

The chances are that some things (which you may not be interested in) cannot be added to th eolder Entertainment package & would need a switch to Signature

Many people have found that switching to Signature was for them cheaper - I know I saevd a few pounds when I switched but I do have a few other  add ons

Probably the main difference is that Signature inlcudes 'box sets' (in SD) as standard   

One thing you will find is that we can only speak in generics - deals are specific to each customer & can depend on any offers at a specific time (and possibly which adviser you get)

Edit : There is not a package up from Signature as such - Signature is the cirrent 'Base' package (that superceded Entertainment & previous ones like Variety) - the rest are just add ons to this, such as HD, Sports, Cinema, Netflix

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Negativepitch42 

Roughly speaking, Signature is Entertainment plus Box Sets.

The next step up would be Ultimate Television, which is Signature plus Netflix Standard with Adverts 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Negativepitch42
Topic Author
This message was authored by Negativepitch42 This message was authored by: Negativepitch42

Ah, I see.

So just looking at today's prices 

I pay £33 for the entertainment package.

Basic Signature is price is £36?

I might as well stay as I am, I will always have a discounted price (up to now) They said I could still stay with it, whereas I would eventually have to pay the full price of the basic signature, (unless I can cut a deal on price each time the contract ends.)

Negativepitch42
Topic Author

Cheers for that.

Is that where I have read that they are the same price?

Half way down this page entitled 'What's SKy's most basic TV package'

Sorry for the huge text, it was just a copy and paste from the url bar.

https://www.digital-tv.co.uk/guides/our-latest-sky-packages#:~:text=There%20are%20technically%20thre....

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Negativepitch42 

Sky doesn't promote Signature any more: the three bundles named there are the only ones offered online.  Signature might still exist by phoning though.

It's worth considering that Sky basically has to charge more to bundle Netflix, even on the advertising supported tier, because it has additional cost to them.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Negativepitch42 

Hi @TimmyBGood 

@Negativepitch42

According to the website Netflix (Standard with Ads) is still in the Signature package .

It would seem that signing up to a new 2 year contract you get Sky Signature (which includes Netflix Std) for £31 per month

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0468.png

Negativepitch42
Topic Author

When I rang Sky to try and sort it out, they did offer me signature.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion