Discussion topic: Sky Q mini box

This message was authored by LS64 This message was authored by: LS64

Sky Q mini box

Hi, I got a sky q mini box for my daughters bedroom for Christmas, (received the box just before Christmas) 

My daughter has only used the box twice since we set it up and everything was fine.

She has gone to watch it tonight but it seems as though the remote isn't working. 
I have changed the batteries with no joy.

I had to turn the box on at the box which has brought sky up on the tv, but we can't do anything else as the remote dosnt seem to work. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q mini box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LS64 wrote:

Hi, I got a sky q mini box for my daughters bedroom for Christmas, (received the box just before Christmas) 

My daughter has only used the box twice since we set it up and everything was fine.

She has gone to watch it tonight but it seems as though the remote isn't working. 
I have changed the batteries with no joy.

I had to turn the box on at the box which has brought sky up on the tv, but we can't do anything else as the remote dosnt seem to work. 

Hi @LS64 

With the mini box on
Try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion