Discussion topic: Sky Q is it worth having?

This message was authored by Jenni247 This message was authored by: Jenni247

Sky Q is it worth having?

Thinking about getting Sky Q......??? YES OR NO????

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Sky Q is it worth having?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

With the amount of detail you've given it's impossible to answer.

What do you currently have?  What are you after?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@Jenni247 wrote:

Hi @Jenni247 In my opinion if you are able to have a dish attached to your property SKYQ is the better platform for TV.

SKY Stream without a dish is the next best option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Jenni247 wrote:

YES !!!

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Jenni247 wrote:

The answer is the same as your question, do your research to see what option is best for you.

This message was authored by Tomthecatty This message was authored by: Tomthecatty

12 months ago I would have said “Yes”. But Sky now seem to be concentrating all their efforts on streaming technology and are ignoring all the issues that Sky Q have. Non stacking of recordings, missing thumbnails, missing series links, on demand not working properly. Just read these forums. It’s a shame but Sky Q is now old hat to Sky and they’re no longer prioritising it’s problems. So my definite answer is a resounding “NO”.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Tomthecatty wrote:

Non stacking of recordings, missing thumbnails, missing series links, on demand not working properly.

Q has millions of subscriptions: it's now the platform for approaching 3/4 of the c12 million Sky satellite television households.  The number of posts referencing those issues is tiny.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Tomthecatty wrote:

Non stacking of recordings, missing thumbnails, missing series links, on demand not working properly.

Q has millions of subscriptions: it's now the platform for approaching 3/4 of the c12 million Sky satellite television households.  The number of posts referencing those issues is tiny.

Indeed, read any provider's forum and you'd never take any service from anyone!

This message was authored by Tomthecatty This message was authored by: Tomthecatty

It's not my imagination, these problems exist. Most people won't post on these forums because they either don't care or don't know they exist.

When you see Sky sales people in shopping centres they are pushing Sky streaming, barely a mention of Sky Q, so it's obvious where Sky's priorities now are. 

@Tomthecatty without doubt streaming is the way forward but Q will be here for quite a while yet!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Tomthecatty wrote:

It's not my imagination, these problems exist.

Of course they exist, but do you advise a prospective purchaser not to buy a particular car because you saw one in a layby next to an AA van?

@Tomthecatty wrote:

When you see Sky sales people in shopping centres they are pushing Sky streaming, barely a mention of Sky Q, so it's obvious where Sky's priorities now are. 

I suspect that's a Comcast priority, because Glass/Stream is a Comcast product and they really need to cheer their stockholders up a bit ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jordan-jess This message was authored by: jordan-jess

It depends what you want to watch really, if it's content that's only on Sky or you're really into sports.

Personally I don't think it's worth the money anymore as I didn't really watch much on the Sky channels so I've just cancelled my Sky Q subscription and bought an Apple TV instead, and then if there is anything I want to watch that's only on Sky Atlantic i'll just buy a NOW TV pass.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Maybe

But definitely with far fewer question marks.

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Tomthecatty wrote:

It's not my imagination, these problems exist.

Of course they exist, but do you advise a prospective purchaser not to buy a particular car because you saw one in a layby next to an AA van?

@Tomthecatty wrote:

I suspect that's a Comcast priority, because Glass/Stream is a Comcast product and they really need to cheer their stockholders up a bit ; )

@TimmyBGood If it was my car and it wasn't fit for purpose then I'd certainly tell people about it. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion