Discussion topic: Sky Q box keeps dropping network connection

This message was authored by NPA61 This message was authored by: NPA61

Sky Q box keeps dropping network connection

We have a sky box connected to a samsung tv with our BT internet router in a separate room. Network connection has been fine until last week or so. I am now having to reset connection multiple times per day. I have switched tv off and restarted, to no avail. I also note similar issues with mini box connection in other rooms too with mini boxes. This is becoming rather tedious.  Any ideas please to resolve? Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Re: Sky Q box keeps dropping network connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NPA61 wrote:

We have a sky box connected to a samsung tv with our BT internet router in a separate room. Network connection has been fine until last week or so. I am now having to reset connection multiple times per day. I have switched tv off and restarted, to no avail. I also note similar issues with mini box connection in other rooms too with mini boxes. This is becoming rather tedious.  Any ideas please to resolve? Thanks 

Hi @NPA61 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, then do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NPA61 wrote:

Hi @NPA61 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, then do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
NPA61
Topic Author
This message was authored by NPA61 This message was authored by: NPA61

I tried this as well as repairing the tvs together.  All good now. Thanks 

This message was authored by Sixer72 This message was authored by: Sixer72

Any suggestions 

This message was authored by Gill64 This message was authored by: Gill64

I too tried this didn't work so tried connecting an Ethernet cable to make sure Q box and router worked. All good so disconnected and tried to reconnect again and this time successfully connected with WiFi. Mini box connection also successful.

Just need to sort out pixelation issues now! 

This message was authored by wanblue1 This message was authored by: wanblue1

Had a very stable internet connection to the Sky Q from our Airband fibre connection.

Arranged for a replacement SkyQ mini as the old one was getting very hot.  Plugged in and worked immediately which is really good ..... however, immediately knocked out internet connection to the main SkyQ box.

Tried setting fixed IP on the box, assigining a fixed IP on the router, letting it just use DHCP, resetting network connection on the SkyQ, both with wifi and ethernet.  Seems to connect OK for 2-5 minutes then looses the connection again.  Have tried hard resets on the router and SkyQ. - Anyone got any other suggestions?

Very frustrating and making me consider if Sky if really worth the hassle, given it costs C£80 per month and we watch BBC, Disney, Netflix and Paramount more than Sky content anyway.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion