Discussion topic: Sky Q apps

This message was authored by Kenald This message was authored by: Kenald

Sky Q apps

Hi When I try to download or binge programmes it's asking me to upgrade I'm already paying for this. Never used to happen before I got Sky Q

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Sky Q apps

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenald wrote:

Hi When I try to download or binge programmes it's asking me to upgrade I'm already paying for this. Never used to happen before I got Sky Q

hi @Kenald 

I presume this is from Catch up/On deamnd rather than apps like Disney + (which are stream only) 

It is possible  that you are experiencing a problem that many new users seem to get.

As the default download quality is set to HD (high Definition) not SD then when you try to download and watch you are prompted to upgrade (i.e. take out the HD subscription)

You, probably, just need to change your download preference to SD
Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences

(Please note this setting can only be set on the Main box)

If you do have the HD add on or this does not work let us know 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenald wrote:

hi @Kenald 

I presume this is from Catch up/On deamnd rather than apps like Disney + (which are stream only) 

It is possible  that you are experiencing a problem that many new users seem to get.

As the default download quality is set to HD (high Definition) not SD then when you try to download and watch you are prompted to upgrade (i.e. take out the HD subscription)

You, probably, just need to change your download preference to SD
Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences

(Please note this setting can only be set on the Main box)

If you do have the HD add on or this does not work let us know 

Kenald
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kenald This message was authored by: Kenald

Thanks for information all sorted now.👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion