Discussion topic: Sky Q Technical Fault

This message was authored by JDVN This message was authored by: JDVN

Sky Q Technical Fault

Hello,

My Sky Q box has been getting progressively worse the last week. Up until today where it gets stuck on blue screen "Technical Fault" every 30 minutes. Have had the box for a few years and no similar problems before. It goes as far as to not turn off sound even once the box shows as off. Or when changing channel the screen will say it's changed but remain playing the old channel.

I have done a manual restart, also done a settings restart via Settings 001, but the problem continues. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q Technical Fault

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JDVN wrote:

Hello,

My Sky Q box has been getting progressively worse the last week. Up until today where it gets stuck on blue screen "Technical Fault" every 30 minutes. Have had the box for a few years and no similar problems before. It goes as far as to not turn off sound even once the box shows as off. Or when changing channel the screen will say it's changed but remain playing the old channel.

I have done a manual restart, also done a settings restart via Settings 001, but the problem continues. 

Hi @JDVN 

Work through the following link.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/there-is-a-technical-fault-with-this-channel

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion