Discussion topic: Sky Q - Possible Remote Issue

This message was authored by Mark+Reeves This message was authored by: Mark+Reeves

Sky Q - Possible Remote Issue

So on my Sky Q remote only two buttons will work. Of the four directional buttons only the up and down will work. I rebooted the remote by the 7+9 then 1+3 technique, but that didnt help. I brought down the remote from upstairs and it was exactly the same. Then I pushed the reset button the front of the box and an amber ligth came on to the right of the green light, which flashed for twenty seconds or so before going off.  Finally I switched the box off at the mains, waited two minutes and then restarted.  No change.

So I'm stuck watching BBC2, which is fine, but I was hoping to watch some football.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q - Possible Remote Issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark+Reeves wrote:

So on my Sky Q remote only two buttons will work. Of the four directional buttons only the up and down will work. I rebooted the remote by the 7+9 then 1+3 technique, but that didnt help. I brought down the remote from upstairs and it was exactly the same. Then I pushed the reset button the front of the box and an amber ligth came on to the right of the green light, which flashed for twenty seconds or so before going off.  Finally I switched the box off at the mains, waited two minutes and then restarted.  No change.

So I'm stuck watching BBC2, which is fine, but I was hoping to watch some football.

There is no reset button on the front of a Q box @Mark+Reeves 

Sounds like you pressed the WPS button.

Unlikely to be the same issue with 2 different remotes.

Did you follow the procedure exactly to reset the remote.

With the Q box on with green led try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Mark+Reeves
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mark+Reeves This message was authored by: Mark+Reeves

Obviously 

@Mark+Reeves wrote:

Obviously 

Hi @Mark+Reeves 

I edited my previous post so you may has missed the edit

Mark+Reeves
Topic Author

I did follow the instructions on both remotes. The problem is because only two buttons are working I can complete the process. 

@Mark+Reeves wrote:

I did follow the instructions on both remotes. The problem is because only two buttons are working I can complete the process. 

Did you wait until the  remote control LED flashed 4 times when you pressed and held 7 & 9 together @Mark+Reeves 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion