Discussion topic: Sky Q Box

This message was authored by WilliamD3 This message was authored by: WilliamD3

Sky Q Box

Can you start watching a recording part way through without using the blue microphone symbol ( mine does not work ) . I want to watch a sports event . It lasts about 5 hours ( golf ) and I dont want to have to fast forward for ages to get to the interesting part .  As far as I know you can't start a recording part way through a programme .

D

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Sky Q Box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WilliamD3 wrote:

Can you start watching a recording part way through without using the blue microphone symbol ( mine does not work ) . I want to watch a sports event . It lasts about 5 hours ( golf ) and I dont want to have to fast forward for ages to get to the interesting part .  As far as I know you can't start a recording part way through a programme .

Hi @WilliamD3 

Whilst Voice control is the quickest, the following is quite quick:

Go into recording & press Pause to bring up the time bar

Now Press & hold the Right Button (or left to go backwards)

(It took around 7 or 8 secs to get to around 5 hours into one my Golf recordings)

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@WilliamD3 
If you follow this link it should send you to a form to request a replacement (apparently this is not available to customers in the ROI).
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment#get-in-touch

It may be quicker to purchase a new remote from a retailer or larger supermarket. If you do that as well as the above you’ll have a spare.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@WilliamD3 wrote:

Hi @WilliamD3 

Whilst Voice control is the quickest, the following is quite quick:

Go into recording & press Pause to bring up the time bar

Now Press & hold the Right Button (or left to go backwards)

(It took around 7 or 8 secs to get to around 5 hours into one my Golf recordings)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion