Discussion topic: Sky Q Box Return

This message was authored by ihc1874 This message was authored by: ihc1874

Sky Q Box Return

I have recently switched to Sky Stream.

I was advised I would have to return the Sky Q box etc and would receive the necessary packaging and instructions to do so. 

This was several weeks ago and nothing has arrived. Do i still need to do this, and if so is there a way of reminding Sky to send out the packaging without me trying to get through on the phone to speak to someone about it. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Sky Q Box Return

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ihc1874 
If you’ve cancelled successfully Sky usually send out the returns packaging near the end of the cancellation period, [31 days for Sky Q and 14 days for broadband], to the address that the subscription was registered at.

Note:~ If you’ve switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass the packaging is usually sent out after 31 days in case you change your mind about Glass.

You can use any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. This link explains about how to receive an email with your return labels through Royal Mail.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

If you haven’t anything suitable contact Sky again and see if they’ll re-send. Keep your proof of posting safe and indefinitely and if you use Royal Mail’s collect from home service, keep a record of the tracking number.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@ihc1874 
If you’ve cancelled successfully Sky usually send out the returns packaging near the end of the cancellation period, [31 days for Sky Q and 14 days for broadband], to the address that the subscription was registered at.

Note:~ If you’ve switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass the packaging is usually sent out after 31 days in case you change your mind about Glass.

You can use any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. This link explains about how to receive an email with your return labels through Royal Mail.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

If you haven’t anything suitable contact Sky again and see if they’ll re-send. Keep your proof of posting safe and indefinitely and if you use Royal Mail’s collect from home service, keep a record of the tracking number.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by MrsLyndaRenshaw This message was authored by: MrsLyndaRenshaw

I am trying to return my skyQ box but have not received the packaging to do so .I have received an email saying I will be charged for the equipment after several phone calls to sky I have not got any help 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@MrsLyndaRenshaw 

My post above yours marked as the answer applies to you too.

Sky customer since 2001
ihc1874
Topic Author
This message was authored by ihc1874 This message was authored by: ihc1874

Just to provide an update and confirmation, I did receive the packaging and return instructions as per Daniel0210's message after the month had passed.

This message was authored by Dingleannie This message was authored by: Dingleannie

@Daniel0210 Hi, my Sky TV contract finishes (after the 31 days) on 11 September. I haven't yet received the return package. This would be ok as I still have the original box the Sky Q came in. It's the labels that I really need. As I don't have a printer so I cannot print them out. 

I see you mentioned the royal Mail will collect. I would like to use this method but how can I if I don't receive the packaging and more importantly the labels.

Is there any solution that would help me.

Thanks.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Dingleannie 

Step 3 (Post it) in the link above should give you all the necessary information.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Dingleannie This message was authored by: Dingleannie

@Daniel0210 Thanks. I had looked at the link. I think I would be a little nervous sending it without the official label. I would worry they wouldn't know it was from me. I realise that sounds mad.

@Dingleannie wrote:

I would worry they wouldn't know it was from me. I realise that sounds mad.

Not at all @Dingleannie but again, as per my earlier post 

"you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included". 

Sky customer since 2001

@Daniel0210 Thanks again.

I will send back by Royal Mail collection.

I will remember : Put in note with account number and list of returned items., Keep the tracking number (forever)

or Sky packaging will arrive and I will ignore above, except keeping tracking number (for enternity)

This message was authored by BonnieLassie This message was authored by: BonnieLassie

I am yet another person who hasn't received the packaging that was allegedly sent out. The advice to use " any secure packaging" is not helpful. A picture of what Sky send out ( or some sort of description)  would be. Is it OK to tape it up ina carrier bag? Should it go in a cardboard box?  Does it need bubble wrap?  As Sky re dedicated to stopping customers talking to them I haven't managed to find a way to ask a person , and the chat bot is artificial but not intelligent

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@BonnieLassie wrote:

I am yet another person who hasn't received the packaging that was allegedly sent out. The advice to use " any secure packaging" is not helpful. A picture of what Sky send out ( or some sort of description)  would be. Is it OK to tape it up ina carrier bag? Should it go in a cardboard box?  Does it need bubble wrap?  As Sky re dedicated to stopping customers talking to them I haven't managed to find a way to ask a person , and the chat bot is artificial but not intelligent

To be honest, I don't think they really care. 
I remember reading a post on here from someone similarly fed up who just put their Q box in a Tesco carrier bag, taped it up and sent it back to Sky. 
The cardboard boxes they do send out are not particularly special in any way. There's no additional cushioning or bubble wrap inside, it's just some fairly thin cardboard, so if Sky themselves don't care about fully protecting their hardware then you shouldn't bother either. 

This message was authored by BonnieLassie This message was authored by: BonnieLassie

Packaging arrived 8 days after I got a text saying it had been sent out. Deliverd by Royal Mail. Its a cardboard sleeve. Asks for skybox, power lead and remoteIMG_2002.JPG 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion