Discussion topic: Sky Contract

This message was authored by Sparkymatt100 This message was authored by: Sparkymatt100

Sky Contract

Not happy with Sky.

Comming to the end of my contract next week. I phoned them in Sept to arrange a new deal as my bill was going to go up another £50 a month due to discounts ending. They could only reduce it by about £20 from full price I was going to pay in October. Told them I wasnt happy with that offer, so the agent said to phone again within my last week of contract and I would get a better deal.

So I phoned them back today. The offers were even worse than what I was told in Sept, saving only £10 over full price. So much for getting a better deal in the last week.

Is this their way of forcing customers to change to Sky Stream by pricing Q so high and not offering hardly any discounts? I could get Stream for a lot less than im paying for Q. Unfortunatly, Stream doesnt really work for me. I want the recording functionality and also my broadband isnt quite up to Stream if I want to stream content to more than 1 device.

Would I be better wating until I'm out of contract and see what offers I can get for Q then?

LG OLED65C3" 4K HDR TV
Sky Q 2Tb HDR
Mini Box

Sky Superfast Broadband

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Sky Contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Offers are only available whilst on the call - as you've found out they may not be offered again. I've always had the best offers after actually giving notice to cancel - but it may not work for you...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion